The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 how to turn an ogw workbook into an excel file?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jshih9 Posted - 03/30/2016 : 1:23:54 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.0.0
Operating System: Windows

Is there anyway I can export an entire workbook with all its sheets as an Excel or Excel-readable file? I see that you can export sheets from the workbook one at a time, but I feel like there is a faster way to do this or to automate it. Also, exporting sheets one by one doesn't put them all in one file, rather many separate files. Any help is appreciated.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
meili_yang Posted - 03/30/2016 : 2:31:54 PM
Hi jshih9,

With workbook window activated, from menu File:Export:ACSII you can export to .dat,.txt, .csv then open from Excel. In that dialog, it exports active worksheet the single window. If to export entire workbook with multiple worksheet, you can run simple scripts to loop all worksheets in the workbook, and run the same x function expASC. http://www.originlab.com/doc/X-Function/ref/expASC

See following is an example to export worksheets in workbook to .dat files with worksheet name.

doc -e LB
{
string str$=wks.Name$;
expASC path:="path\%(str$).dat";}//update "path" there with your exported folder path

To run this, just go to menu Window: Script window. Highlight the codes and hit Enter from keyboard.

Hope this helps.

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000