The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D Parameteric Surface with Colormap Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pcomis2 Posted - 03/31/2016 : 11:58:40 AM
Hello,

I've been trying to create a 3D parameteric surface with a colormap but haven't had much success. I have spatial coordinates x,y, and z in separate 40x200 worksheets, and a property which is a function of all (area) also in another 40x200 worksheet. Using this tutorial: http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/3D-ParaSurf-DataColormap I converted all of my data sets to matrices and followed along but I haven't been able to successfully set the x,y, and z coordinates. Does anyone have experience creating these types of plots? If so, what's the best way to proceed?

Thank you for your help,
Patrick

Origin Ver. and Service Release: 9.1.0 (64-bit) b215 (Academic)
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AmandaLu Posted - 04/01/2016 : 05:09:36 AM
Hi Patrick,

X, Y, Z matrix data must be in one matrix sheet, different matrix objects. You can select the matrix book containing Z data, click on "D" icon at the top-right corner and select Add menu to add a new matrix object to this sheet, then copy paste X data to this object. Do the same for Y data and property.

After that, you can specify XY matrix on the Surface tab of the Plot Details dialog.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000