The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Removing system response from spectrum data

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aprabaswara Posted - 04/09/2016 : 06:42:16 AM
First post here. Dear all, I'm building a photoluminescence system, and it seems that because of the optical component's response across my wavelength of interest I'm getting several stray peaks (see picture)

I know that the correct data is supposed to be a skewed Gaussian , and the spectrum that I'm getting here is the skewed Gaussian multiplied by the system's response.

I tried to eliminate the peak by using either smooth or FFT filter, but it seems that if I don't set the parameters properly it will become a problem later when I need to do peak fitting.

Does anyone have any suggestion on what I can do to eliminate the system response using Origin?

Currently I'm using OriginPro 2015.

Any help is much appreciated.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
aprabaswara Posted - 04/13/2016 : 02:08:30 AM
Hi Amanda,

Thanks very much for your help. I'll try the deconvolution tool and see if it works.
AmandaLu Posted - 04/11/2016 : 06:24:32 AM
Hi aprabaswara,

Please try deconvolution. Below is a quick help about how to carry out deconvolution in Origin:

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/deconvolution-methods

Besides, we have a add-on tool to perform deconvolution. If you want to try, please send email to tech@originlab.com referring to this post. I will send the tool to you.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000