The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Cannot run R Console

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aplotnikov Posted - 05/03/2016 : 07:49:11 AM
OriginPro 2016 SR2 Evaluation
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro
R ver. 3.2.3 in %userprofile%\%userprogramfiles%\R\R-3.2.3\bin

I get an error message "No R installed" if trying to run R Console from menu. R.Init() returns -997. The installed R version seems to be ignored by Origin. I would appreciate for any helpful hints to remove this obstacle.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
aplotnikov Posted - 05/11/2016 : 06:18:54 AM
Hi Penn,

thank you very much for the your advise! It works perfectly solving the problem of the necessity of administrator rights to edit the registry. I use R installed in a %userprofile%-folder without admin rights and cannot change values in HKLM registry keys by myself - but seems HKLM/Software/R-core/R[64]/InstallPath should work as well.

Best regards,

Alexei

PS. I think Origin lacks somewhat on configurability - INI-files contain too few parameters.
Penn Posted - 05/10/2016 : 12:05:14 AM
Hi aplotnikov,

The workaround is to add an environment variable "R_HOME", which is the R installed folder. The steps follow:
1. Click the Windows Start button on the left-bottom corner, then right click Computer and select Properties from the context menu.
2. Click Advanced system settings from the left panel to open the System Properties dialog.
3. Under Advanced tab, click Environment Variables to open Environment Variables.
4. Click the New... button on the top group to add a user variable, name is R_HOME, and value is the path to the R installed folder, for example, C:\Program Files\R\R-3.2.3
Penn
aplotnikov Posted - 05/03/2016 : 3:44:07 PM
Hi Ken,

both programs - Origin and R - are 64-bit applications (corresponding 32-bit versions were not installed).
As it follows from the information on R Console http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/R-Rserve-Console Origin uses registry entries to locate R files. Could you please tell a little bit more about these entries? I tried to add the most common ones - namely HKLM/Software/R-core/R[64]/[R Version]/InstallPath and the same string entries in the HKCU-branch. Unfortunately it has no effect on Origin behavior.

Best regards,

Alexei Plotnikov
KenLefebvre Posted - 05/03/2016 : 10:17:04 AM
Hi aplotnikov,

Do you suppose your R installation was setup for 32 bit rather than 64? If your Origin installation is set up for one or the other but R isn't, it may not recognize that R is installed.

Best regards,

Ken Lefebvre
Technical Service Engineer
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000