The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Image plot in perspective below a 3d plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dvcea Posted - 05/05/2016 : 06:57:13 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release: 8.1.10.86 SRO
Operating System: Windows 7

Hi everybody,
Is there a way to place an image plot (no interpolation at all) like this one

in perspective below a 3 D plot, a bit like the XY projection of a 3D plot ?

I'd like also to control the distance between the 3D plot Z=0 plane and the image at Z =- something
Thank you for your help.

dvcea
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
meili_yang Posted - 05/09/2016 : 10:44:23 AM
Hi dvcea,

Yeah, I don't think it's possible to do those in version 8.1. You may try in Origin 2016, and here is demo download link:
http://originlab.com/demodownload.aspx

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support
dvcea Posted - 05/09/2016 : 05:10:04 AM
Thank you Meili,

That's the problem: your example does not seem possible with origin 8.1, in which the projection does not even appear in the Plot Details dialog box, can exist only as a contour instead of a simple matrix image (no interpolation - what is called "Fill piece by piece"), and cannot by placed at a particular Z... See dialog box below.

Best regards,
dvcea

dvcea
meili_yang Posted - 05/05/2016 : 10:34:48 AM
Hi dvcea,

I think you may want something like this

I guess your data is in matrix. The projection plot is actually just a surface but flatted, which is controlled by a check box under Surface tab from Plot Properties dialog. So after plot the surface, you can either add the self matrix as surface plot, or any other matrix as surface plot then just make it flat to be as projection at any Z value.

Then there is a setting to color each cell by z value instead of interpolating. So select projection data, then choose "Fill piece by piece" under Fill in the same Plot Properties dialog like in following setting, it will plot as image.

If you want to use the same levels and colors for surface and projection, you can also copy Colomap Theme from surface plot, and paste to projection plot. It's under Colomap/Contours tab.

Just notice you have old version of Origin 8.1. I don't think you have the key setting of fill color by piece in v8.1, but you can download our latest version and have a try:
http://originlab.com/demodownload.aspx

Hope it helps.

Meili
OriginLab Tech Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000