The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 merging two asc files and export

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pplopes Posted - 05/06/2016 : 12:17:17 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5.0 SR1
Operating System: Windows

Hello,

I have hundreds of experimental data that comes into two separate files, one *.txt and other as *.xl and I would need to export them together into a new file for further analysis. Since I have hundreds of files to perform this, would it be possible to run some type of batch analysis to accomplish this automated?
Thanks for taking the time and helping me out. I have zero experience with programming in general, and even less in origin.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pplopes Posted - 05/06/2016 : 5:45:36 PM
Thanks Chris! I have send the email to the address you indicated with file samples so it can be easier to understand what I'm trying to do. And please let me know if you still need any further information!
Thanks again for the support!
Pietro
Chris D Posted - 05/06/2016 : 4:02:16 PM
Hi,

Without knowing anything about the structure of you files and how you would like them to be structured after merging, it is difficult to provide a definitive answer.

Why don't you send a few files along with an example of how the want the end result to be to tech@originlab.com and we'll see what it might involve.

I will say that with such an old version, a solution most likely involve some coding on your part. But we could point you in the right direction once we understand better.

Please be sure to include your Origin serial number with the email.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000