The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Difference between two graphs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
thitchen Posted - 05/09/2016 : 01:43:21 AM
Origin Ver.9.0.0 64-bit b45 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

I made a plot as shown in Figure 1 (3D surface -> color fill surface) using a Matrix, but with the exactly same Matrix data, I cannot reproduce the figure 1 any more. All I can get is figure 2 now. Even with "Copy format - all" from figure 1 and paste the format into figure 2, the figure 1 cannot be reproduced, what might be wrong here? Thank you.

The raw Matrix data can be found here. https://github.com/thitchen/originlab/blob/master/matrix.csv

Figure 1

Figure 2
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 05/09/2016 : 1:16:39 PM
Could you send your opj with both graphs to tech@originlab.com so that we could look into it?

Thanks, Snow
thitchen Posted - 05/09/2016 : 12:43:48 PM
Hi Snow,

I tried your advice and did not find anything different between those two Plot details dialogs.

Instead of 'Fill piece by piece', both of them are set to 'Contour fill from matrix, Mat(1), self'

Thank you,
-chen

quote:
Originally posted by snowli

Hello,

Maybe you can run two instances of Origin.
In one session open first graph window and double click it to open Plot Details dialog.
In another session, open send graph window and double click to open Plot Details dialog.
Compare each node and tabs to see what is set differently.

By default when plot Color-fill surface, the Fill tab is set to Fill Piece by Piece, did you change it to Colormap in figure 1?

Thanks, Snow

snowli Posted - 05/09/2016 : 10:28:54 AM
Hello,

Maybe you can run two instances of Origin.
In one session open first graph window and double click it to open Plot Details dialog.
In another session, open send graph window and double click to open Plot Details dialog.
Compare each node and tabs to see what is set differently.

By default when plot Color-fill surface, the Fill tab is set to Fill Piece by Piece, did you change it to Colormap in figure 1?

Thanks, Snow
thitchen Posted - 05/09/2016 : 04:37:44 AM
Hi Amanda,

The lighting for figure 2 is off. I double-checked.

Thank you,
-chen

quote:
Originally posted by AmandaLu

Hi thitchen,

It seems that you turn on lighting for Figure 2. You can double click on the graph to open the Plot Details dialog. Select Layer1 on the left panel and then go to the Lighting tab on the right. In Fig2, you will find Mode is set to “Directional”. Choose “None” to turn the lighting off.

BTW, if you right click on the surface and choose copy format – all, it will NOT copy the lighting setting. You can right click on the blank area and select copy format –all. This way you can copy paste the lighting setting to Fig2.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service

AmandaLu Posted - 05/09/2016 : 04:32:27 AM
Hi thitchen,

It seems that you turn on lighting for Figure 2. You can double click on the graph to open the Plot Details dialog. Select Layer1 on the left panel and then go to the Lighting tab on the right. In Fig2, you will find Mode is set to “Directional”. Choose “None” to turn the lighting off.

BTW, if you right click on the surface and choose copy format – all, it will NOT copy the lighting setting. You can right click on the blank area and select copy format –all. This way you can copy paste the lighting setting to Fig2.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000