The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problems with very large datasets with wavelets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andrewdsto Posted - 05/26/2016 : 03:11:34 AM
Origin Ver. 2016 Pro and Service Release SR0 (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise.

Having upgraded to Origin 2016 from 2015 I am now having problems with very large datasets.

I have datasets in the order of 4 million points (4 seconds of data at 1,000,000 samples/sec). My *.opj files can reach several GB in size.

In Origin 2015 I could run the x-functions commands or use the analysis menu to process my datasets and it worked fine.
eg:
mdwt ix:=col(3)
type:=%s$
ext:=pad0
level:=$(extralevels)
rd:=[bkname$]MDWT!;

Now in 2016 this command fails (with this size dataset) if I reduce the dataset to say 400,000 points (x10 decimation) it works. It does not matter if I run the code or used the MDWT from the analysis menu.

Below is an capture of a failed MDWT ran from the analysis menu. interesting I believe the higher order columns are correct (when comparing to a series of dwt runs) its just the lower order columns are non-existent. I can successfully perform a single discrete wavelet transform (dwt)on my 4 million point dataset using both code or menu.

A second problem I have found is performing a FFT on these same datasets. produce zero results see attached image.

Again the FFT worked on the smaller dataset.

I repeat, I did not have this problem with Origin 2015.

I do not know if other analysis menu items are affected.

I checked with the SR 1&2 on the support page and no mention of a fix for this was mentioned.

thanks
Andrew
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chris D Posted - 05/26/2016 : 11:08:09 AM
Hi Andrew,

First I would suggest that you update to 2016 SR2 even if not mention was made of this issue in release notes.

If you still encounter the issue, please email tech@originlab. That way we can work more closely/directly with you to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000