The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 find and output steepest slope

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
thunderboy Posted - 06/06/2016 : 07:30:38 AM
Origin Ver. 2015

Hi all, what is the most efficient way to find and output the steepest slope between two points in a measurement graph?
Can I run this as a batch for all graphs in the layer?

Thanks, thunderboy.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 06/06/2016 : 10:26:14 AM
Hi thunderboy,

There should be various ways, and the following is one which utilize the two gadgets - Differentiate and Cluster.
If you are using OriginPro (as the Cluster gadget is a Pro feature), you can try:

1) Start the Differentiate gadget, and expand the yellow ROI box to full X range from the ROI's flyout.
This produces another graph window which shows the first derivative in the lower first layer, and the original
graph in the upper second layer.

2) Start the Cluster gadget on this generated graph. Locate the ROI box to the desired position, and expand it
vertically so that it can cover the original plots to indicate the range. Make sure that Minimum and Maximum
check boxes are selected in the Preferences dialog box. You notice that all minimum and maximum values of
the derivative curves are displayed in the gadget's dialog box - no need of special batch process.
To get the result, press the "Output Statistics Report" button in the dialog.

Hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000