The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Rotating a polar plot - 3D from 2D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dnvwyatt Posted - 02/17/2003 : 2:41:52 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm sorry to bug you with a newbie question, but I am evaluating a copy of Origin, and I need to make sure it can do some relatively simple things.

First of all I have polar plot data. Maybe 120 theta and R values. Origin plots this well enough. Now, though, I want to take that data and rotate it about the primary axis (0-180°) to create a surface plot. I presume this is possible, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet. Like taking data points for the cross section of a bottle, than rotating it so I got the full bottle, if that makes sense.

Can anyone offer any help?

Many thanks!

David
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 02/18/2003 : 12:20:30 PM
Hi David,

Such a feature is not built-in, but one could program Origin to generate the surface. All surface and other 3D plots such as contour etc. in Origin are based on data being in a matrix window. So the program could generate a matrix by rotating the 2D line data from the worksheet. One point to note is that the matrix window supports only one z value per x-y pair.

Easwar
OriginLab.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000