The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Symbol in fit function

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Govc Posted - 06/15/2016 : 03:52:43 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.0.0 (64-bit) SR1
Operating System: Windows 10

Hi,
I have personal fit function. Is there a way to show symbols in table (on graph) after fit?
I would like l_nm to be a symbol for lambda.

Thanks
Best regards

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
johnwardell52 Posted - 07/05/2016 : 11:53:25 PM
I have concern Snowli about the reduced chi-sqr? Is it pre computed by the software?

http://www.retirebydesign.com/Less-Qualifications.4.htm
Govc Posted - 06/22/2016 : 02:21:23 AM
Snow, thank you again, this will work.

Best regards
Govc
snowli Posted - 06/17/2016 : 10:55:48 AM
Hi Govc,

If you copy excel data to replace the original data, the graph should update with new result and the symbol should still be there after update.

You can also do as what I said.
1st embed your graph into the workbook so everything is inclusive in one workbook.

Then choose Window: Duplicate to duplicate the workbook.
Then copy and paste new data in, it should have result and embedded graph updated.

Programming way may be harder since you may need to create table in code and specify what text to put in each cell.

Thanks, Snow

Govc Posted - 06/17/2016 : 05:04:04 AM
Snow, thanks for the quick answer.

unfortunately this doesn't work for us. We don't have .dat files, instead we copy data from excel workbook.
Maybe the best way would be with programming, but I have never used Origin C. Can you please give me some pointers on where to start, to solve my problem as fast as posible.

Thanks, Govc
snowli Posted - 06/15/2016 : 10:32:42 AM
I am not sure if Origin 9 can do it without programming.

I tried in Origin 2016. After i customize the graph. I can insert the graph as a floating graph, or add it as a new graph sheet so everything is inclusive in one workbook.

Then e.g. I can do clone+import to process more data. http://originlab.com/Index.aspx?go=Support/VideoTutorials&pid=3196

E.g. With data worksheet active, choose Import multiple ascii data.
Select more data files.
In impASC dialog, choose Import Mode: Start New Books.
Set Template Name: <clone>

Then it will create multiple workbooks. Each with new data and embedded graph with analysis result updated. The symbol is still kept.

Thanks, Snow
Govc Posted - 06/15/2016 : 09:38:15 AM
snowli thanks for the answer. It works great.

Can this be done automatically after I run fit function? How? And we usually have 2 sets of data.

Best regards
Govc
snowli Posted - 06/15/2016 : 09:21:25 AM
If you double click the table on graph, it will open a temporary Table1 worksheet.

Right click the l_nm cell and choose Format Cells...
Check Rich Text checkbox and click OK to close the dialog.

Now if you double click the cell, in in-place edit mode, you can click the Greek letter button on Format toolbar to enter greek letters.
Or in this in-place edit mode, you can right click and choose Symbol Map to add any symbols.
After editing, click Update Table button to update the table on graph.

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000