The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Personal fit function

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
alextrv Posted - 06/27/2016 : 05:18:06 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.0.0 (32bit) SR2
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Hello, i want to fit my data with the following function:

http://www.sprpages.nl/data-fitting/models/kinetic-titration

I've tried to create .fdf function file several times, but that was not easy to do. Can anyone help me to create this function in Origin?

The experimental data Origin file and description of the requiered fit function are attached below.

Thanks
Best Regards
Aleksei

http://www.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/Kinetic_titration_data.opj

http://www.originlab.com/ftp/forum_and_kbase/Images/Kinetic_titration_func.doc
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ralcala Posted - 01/23/2024 : 2:08:13 PM
Hi dr.m.umer

I was wondering if you had any success with this equation? I have been trying to build this same equation into Origin without much luck (and this is the only source of the equation I have found as well!. Any help is appreciated.

Rafael
dr.m.umer Posted - 04/14/2023 : 2:51:36 PM
Hi Shirley
I am trying to build function using the same numeric model.
I am facing two error notices. Firstly, the origin tells me $1,$2...$7 are invalid derived variables
Once I change these values to arbitrary letter symbols (e.g., e, f, etc. not found elsewhere in the equation, at the "derived parameter equations" tab, when I input the equations for all derived parameters, I receive the following error message "derived parameters cannot be used to derive other derived parameters"
What could I be doing wrong?

And the the separator "|" means initial value of the corresponding variable or parameter. For example, $7|0 indicates that the initial value of $7 is 0.
Shirley_GZ Posted - 06/27/2016 : 06:13:15 AM
Hi,

Actually, Origin supports to define such an ordinary differential equation directly and perform a fit of the data using this fitting function. See details in this tutorial:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Fitting-Ordinary-Differential-Equation

Of course, you are also allowed to define the function in the numeric model just as the reference shows. But more details are needed here:

1) If the equation of the fitting function is as below?
Y=LA + RI1*$1 + RI2*$2 + RI3*$3 + RI4*$4 + RI5*$5 + Drift*(t-ton1))
Y is the Dependent variable, t is the independent variable and others are the intermediate variables(such as $1 and $2) and parameters(such as RI1 and ton1), right?

2) What do the equations below mean? (I mean the separator "|")
A=$6–$7|0;
L=-$7|Rmax;
LA=$7|0;

3) In "Parameter setup" table, I see some parameters are labeled as No in column "Keywaord", others are labeled as Yes. Is "Keyword" used to mark the Constants(which will be fixed during fitting)? If so, the fixed value should be provided.

More explanations about the function are appreciated.

Additionally, could you send us the .fdf files you had created(via tech@originlab.com) to let me do further checking? Please also provide the serial number of your Origin when you contact with us with emails. Thanks.

Best Wishes,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000