The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Batch Processing Worksheets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
WerRon Posted - 07/07/2016 : 05:53:12 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: OriginPro 2015G(61-bit)Sr2, Windows 7

Hello,

in my special case i would not analyse the data during the import of the text files but first import the different data in worksheets of one book and then anlayse the data using batch processing. I was wondering if it is possible to use the entire worksheets as data source for batch processing (without labtalk skript)?
In the batch processing menu only xy datasets are selectable but then the calculation of parameters from different columns in the worksheet is not possible.

Thanks for the help
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
WerRon Posted - 07/11/2016 : 06:29:01 AM
Hi Hideo Fujii,

subsequent a short simplified example:
The data sheet consists of the columns time, distance and force. First , I calculate the maximum force, then the distance at 60 % of the force and the time at this point. Then, I calculate the integral between the maximum force and the force at 60 %. These parameters are saved in the result sheet in the analysis worksheet and should be calculated for every worksheet in a workbook.

Is there an option in origin or should I use labtalk?

Thank you for your help!
Hideo Fujii Posted - 07/08/2016 : 10:59:35 AM
Hi WerRon,

Well, it depends on the analysis you want to apply to every sheet, I think. For example, the linear
curve fitting can take multiple input datasets that may be from multiple sheets (or even books).
Could you please tell me which kind of calculation/analysis do you want to apply to each sheet?

> How can i loop over all worksheets in a workbook in labtalk?

You can use "Doc -e LW { ........ }" command. See:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/ref/Document-cmd#-e_object_.7Bscript.7D.3B_Execute_the_given_script_for_all_objects

Best regards,

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
WerRon Posted - 07/08/2016 : 03:56:16 AM
Hi Hideo Fujii,

i know that i can use the "multiple ASCII Import" and it works very well. But in this case i had import the data already (one worksheet per file).
Can i use these worksheets as data source for the Batch processing in the worksheet template (so that i can make further Batch processing calculation without having access to the original txt-files)?

Further question:
How can i loop over all worksheets in a workbook in labtalk?

Thanks for your help!

Hideo Fujii Posted - 07/07/2016 : 3:26:18 PM
Hi WerRon,

As you can specify the worksheet template on running "Multiple ASCII" import" (under "File: Import" menu)
with "Import Mode = Start New Sheet" option, you can first create a worksheet template with calculation
(e.g., descriptive statistics which output the result in the same input worksheet) with the Recalculate=Auto
setting, then run the "Multiple ASCII" import specifying the template.

Does this work in your situation?

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000