The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Trouble adding data to existing plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lweissen Posted - 07/28/2016 : 11:00:30 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 8.6

I do not have any formal training in Origin and I am taking over this project from another person (who no longer works here) and am trying to update a few plots. i have been able to fumble my way through all of my other updates, but I have struggled with one piece.

I have additional time-series data to add to the plots, but I am unable to add to what already exists. I have data from 1/1/2016 - 7/25/2016, and the existing data goes through 6/25/2016, so I am unable to add the last month of data. (currently has 16850 lines of data)

Not knowing much about how Origin functions, I have tried duplicating the worksheet w/out data (which has worked for me in the past), I've tried appending to the end of the existing data, but it only adds 1 line of data and dates it 3/1/2016.

Has anyone ever experienced this, if so, what can be done? is this a formatting thing? Any help would be appreciated.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 07/28/2016 : 1:59:13 PM
Hello,

Do you mean you appended new data from last row of existing data and they don't show in graph?

If so, have you tried Graph: Rescale to show all to see if new data show in graph?
Also it may depend on how the previous person plot the group. if he highlighted the whole column and plotted the graph in the past. When new data are added to new rows of same column, they should appear in graph. Note: You may need to click Graph: Rescale to show all button to see new data, depending on your axis rescale setting.

If the person only selected range (e.g. from row 1 to 10000) to plot. Then rows from 10001 on will not show. Then you may need to edit the plot range to make new data show.

If your new data are organized otherwise, could you send some screenshot here and also where new data are added?

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000