The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Adjust interval spacing of log-log plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kelsiu Posted - 08/22/2016 : 04:12:51 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro9 64bit
Operating System: Win8

I am trying to make a log-log plot and I realize that for the vertical axis, the spacing of the interval between 1 and 10 is the same as that between 10 and 100:

However,I would like to have a log-log plot which the vertical scale is flexible like the following picture that I have found in internet. In this picture the interval between 1 and 10 is much smaller than that between 10 and 100:

How to adjust the interval? Also I realized that for the horizontal axis the interval is already adjusted automatically but for the vertical axis it's not the case.

Thank you very much.

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 08/22/2016 : 09:40:19 AM
Hello,

To do this, you can add an axis break in Y direction. Then you can move the break position up or down so from 1 to 10 has differnet spacing than from 10 to 100.

But in Origin 9, we don't support axis break without gap so you will see a gap at the break position.

In later versions, such as the latest Origin 2016, you can add an axis break (break from 10 and to 10) and then it will show no gap at break positon. You can freely adjust major and minor increment, and tick labels, etc in each region.

Later versions also supports multiple axis breaks in both x and y directions.

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000