The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Splitting into a number of woksheets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shahdi235 Posted - 08/23/2016 : 09:08:39 AM
Hi,

I have a worksheet that plotted a 25 processes (peaks) as in attached figure. I am interested on those peaks only. Can someone please help me on how to split them?

S - starting point of the process, S for first peak @ x=6560
Process - 2900 datapoints each
gap - Range between last point of process and starting point of next process - 3168 datapoints

The process and gap data are the same for all 25 process

My plan is to have individual worksheet for each peak, so i can develop a waterfall graph afterwards.

Thanks

Norshah
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 08/23/2016 : 4:04:09 PM
You are welcome:)
shahdi235 Posted - 08/23/2016 : 11:24:51 AM
Brilliant, Thank you very much Snow!

quote:
Originally posted by snowli

You can achieve this by two steps since you have same number of points to keep and same number of points to skiip.

Choose Worksheet: Reduce Rows.
Choose Reduce Method: Delete N rows, then skip M rows.
Delete Rows: 3168
Skip Rows: 2900
Starting Row to Delete: 9460 (this is 6560+2900 since Origin will delete and then skip from the specified Starting row to Delete).

Note: In this dialog, you can set Recalculation: Auto.
Output: <new>

so the result will be put to new worksheet instead of replacing your existing sheet

Now with the created sheet active, choose Worksheet: Split Worksheet. Split by Number of Rows: 2900.

Note: To later plot waterfall graph, maybe it's easier if you choose Worksheet: Split Columns so all the splitted data are put in same sheet so that you can easily highlight all data and plot into a waterfall.

Thanks, Snow

Norshah
snowli Posted - 08/23/2016 : 09:46:22 AM
You can achieve this by two steps since you have same number of points to keep and same number of points to skip.

Choose Worksheet: Reduce Rows.
Choose Reduce Method: Delete N rows, then skip M rows.
Delete Rows: 3168
Skip Rows: 2900
Starting Row to Delete: 9460 (this is 6560+2900 since Origin will delete and then skip from the specified Starting row to Delete).

Note: In this dialog, you can set Recalculation: Auto.
Output: <new>

so the result will be put to new worksheet instead of replacing your existing sheet

Now with the created sheet active, choose Worksheet: Split Worksheet. Split by Number of Rows: 2900.

Note: To later plot waterfall graph, maybe it's easier if you choose Worksheet: Split Columns so all the splitted data are put in same sheet so that you can easily highlight all data and plot into a waterfall.

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000