The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to simulate Gaussian on Histogram correctly?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
FraDrZ Posted - 09/12/2016 : 07:07:33 AM
Since the fitting function of Origin does not perform a weighted mean function, I calculated mean e SD by myself. Now I'd like to simulate a gaussian curve on an histogram, but if I draw the function with these parameters, I obtain a that graph.
Param(xc=48,...; w=8,...; y0=0; A=1)

I don't know if this have any sense, but I'd like to change the scale, so that my gaussian curve is as big as the columns of the histogram.

Any suggestion on how the change the parameters or use other methods?

Thank you

Origin Ver. and Service Release: Origin Pro 2016
Operating System: Windows 10
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RoRoRoboter Posted - 10/14/2016 : 09:02:18 AM
Hey,

I tried to do a Gauß-Fit with a Histogramm, I tried so many ways but it didn´t work.
When I follow your description, I cannot choose Gauß as a Distributio-Curve. I tried it with the Peakanalyzer, but I have several peaks and the Fit doesn`t converge. Sometimes it convges, but there is no fit in the picture and all peaks are set to one lokation, where there isn't even a extremum.
Please help. I'm clueless.
I am using OriginPro 2016G with an university licence.

Sorry for my bad english.
In hope of soon answers, Thanks
RoRoRoboter
FraDrZ Posted - 09/13/2016 : 08:57:51 AM
Perfect, it's working. Thank you!
Chris D Posted - 09/13/2016 : 08:37:14 AM
Hi,

For your first statement:
quote:
In descriptive statistic I can perform a weighted mean, as I wanted, but it has no option for the distribution curve: it can plot only the histogram, if I'm right.

Within the histogram, you can double-click on the background to open the Plot Details dialog. Then select the plot node in the tree control on the left of the Plot Details dialog. In the "Data" tab on the right of the dialog, you can specify to display a "Distribution Curve".

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
FraDrZ Posted - 09/13/2016 : 05:31:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Chris D

If offers many choices for distributions with the Normal distribution being Gaussian. It can plot both histrogram and distribution curve in the report sheet. It also offers many other useful statistical calculations.

In descriptive statistic I can perform a weighted mean, as I wanted, but it has no option for the distribution curve: it can plot only the histogram, if I'm right.

Otherwise in the Distribution fit i can plot both the distribution and histograms but this time it has no option for weighting (in fact i can only select one column).

Other ideas?

Chris D Posted - 09/12/2016 : 09:12:35 AM
Hi,

One thing you might consider is using our Distribution Fit statistical feature on your raw data (1 column). It is a Pro-only feature found in the Statistics->Descriptive Statistics menu.

If offers many choices for distributions with the Normal distribution being Gaussian. It can plot both histrogram and distribution curve in the report sheet. It also offers many other useful statistical calculations.

See: http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Distribution-Fit

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000