The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to locate the graph source file

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
carmi Posted - 10/01/2016 : 02:48:54 AM
Hi
OriginPro 2015, v b9.2.257
One of the main advantages of Origin is the ability to paste the graph onto word doc or ppt, than if for some reason i want to change the axis or colors i simply click on it and edit the graph.
but sometimes i need to rearange the data or want to edit it, and for this reasin i need the source file.
is there any option to locate the source file (opj) based on the attached graph only?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 10/03/2016 : 11:07:22 AM
[quote]Originally posted by carmi

> i need to rearange the data or want to edit it, and for this reasin i need the source file.

If you paste the Origin graph as an "Origin Graph Object", as the plot dataset has been carried over
behind the pasted plot, you can double-click the graph to open the Origin program to edit the graph.
(To change the data itself, once Origin starts by double-clicking the pasted graph, double-click the plot
to open the Plot Details dialog, and press the "Workbook" button at the bottom of the dialog.
The hidden worksheet would appear.)

If ypou paste the graph as a "Picture", it is just an image, and it is no longer associated to the data.
So, noway to retrieve the data from the pasted graph. You can explicitly show the file path of
the Origin file by the following way:

1) In the graph, make a text label which contains two string registers: %x%g
   See the details at: http://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/guide/String-registers
2) Right-click the label, and choose Programming Control flyout
3) In the Programming Control dialog, set the "Link to (%,$) Substitution Level" option to 1.
==> Now the label shows the file path of the file.

Hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000