The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to Recalculate for worksheet columns to NONE

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Konrad Beck Posted - 10/13/2016 : 10:07:04 AM
Origin Ver. 2016 and Service Release Sr2 (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Windows 7

After changing from Origin 2015 to 2016, when I set column values or do any manipulation like smoothing, the column name field shows a little green icon telling me that the "Recalculate Mode" is "Auto". For my type of workflow this is most annoying, and I want to switch this OFF as a default, though in specific circumstances I still want to be able to switch this mode on.

I have played around with the System Variables --> @AUFL and @DAM without any success.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Konrad Beck Posted - 10/19/2016 : 06:21:28 AM
Thanks, snowli: that works now!
snowli Posted - 10/14/2016 : 2:13:49 PM
Set Column Value is special so you set it once and future SCV uses the last used settings.

For other analysis, e.g. fitting, smoothing, stats, etc. please choose Tools: System Varialbes.

Enter DAM as Variable name.
Enter 0 as value. 0 means no. 1 means manual, 2 means auto.

Then all fitting, smoothing, statistics, etc. result will have no green lock in your current and future Origin sessions.

Thanks, Snow
Konrad Beck Posted - 10/13/2016 : 12:55:30 PM
"Set column value dialog remembers the Recalcualtion mode of the last time"

yes, thanks.

If I smooth the values of a column, a new column opens at the right end of the worksheet, with recalculate mode: AUTO.
And if I fit a column, all the columns in the new sheets are "recalculate mode: AUTO".
So for each function I use it seems necessary to change the default recalculate box from "AUTO" to "None"?

I hadn't had this problem w/ Origin 2015. I do remember that I had made changes in the set-up (not via the Tools menu), but can't remember how. When opening Origin, I would like the default set so that no column does anything automatically.
snowli Posted - 10/13/2016 : 11:00:44 AM
Set column value dialog remembers the Recalcualtion mode of the last time. So if you open Set Column Value dialog and change the Recalculation mode to None, all future set column value dialog will open with Recalcualtion mode to none.

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000