The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 constant values not being drawn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
brönni Posted - 10/21/2016 : 09:24:45 AM
Origin Ver.: 9.0.0
Operating System: Win 8

Im having a problem drawing a graph where the X Value is constant for quite a while. Origin is just drawing one point for that value which actually has a few houndred points. How can i stretch that out ? It works just fine with excel.

as you can see im referring to x=200

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shirley_GZ Posted - 10/27/2016 : 04:01:11 AM
Dear brönni,

Would you please send me the project file with fitting results, via:tech@originlab.com? Please quote this post in the email and give us the serial number to let us record your problem in our problem tracking base.

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
brönni Posted - 10/27/2016 : 03:44:52 AM
Thanks a lot ! That did really help although i do have the Tick Problem. Not like you described though.
Using Type: "Text from Database" all i get is 3 labels: the one i stretched, the last one and something in between. Dont really know how to handle this, but didnt try too hard yet either.

Another more significant problem occured. I am doin a Gauss fit into that peak from my first post. It works with the text achses but i dont get a Graph drawn and there is no error shown in the calculations.

Is it even possible with the text achses ?

The values calculated differ quite strong from the ones with the normal x-aches as well
Shirley_GZ Posted - 10/25/2016 : 04:53:26 AM
Hi,

I suppose you want to spread out the data points with same X values on X direction according to the index of data points.

To implement this in Origin, you just need set X column as text and then plot XY columns. Then, all data points will show in order of row number on X direction.

But there is a problem, as you have thousands of data points I suppose, then the number of major ticks will be thousands and number of tick labels will be thousands too. You might need remove these auto ticks/tick labels and add some special ticks in X axis to mark the actual X values.

If you have any problem, please let me know.

I will bring this up in our share meeting to see if we can do some improvements to solve this problem.

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000