The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Paramters from the Worksheet in Fitting Functions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gebauerjan Posted - 12/15/2016 : 2:27:49 PM
Dear all,

I am searching for hours now and can't find any hint how to do a (hopefully) very simple task.
I have several columns holding various data which I want to to fit non-linear. On fixed paramters should be read from the header columns of respective column (every column are measurements for certain concentrations).

How can I access this column header (regardless whether longname, comment or user defined parameter) in the paramameter initialization context? (Currently I using OriginC there, without any particular reason)

I appreciate any help!

With kind regards,
Jan
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gebauerjan Posted - 09/06/2017 : 03:50:10 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Chris D

Hi,

Are you using Origin 2017 SR2? This was reported previously and fixed in SR2 (ORG-16295).

No I did not. Origin only suggested me SR1 yesterday (first time use) - so I did not anticipate further updates.

So thanks a lot for giving me this hin. Now everything works as expected. It's a great relief, to not have to enter 20 parameters by hand anymore!

Best,
Jan
Chris D Posted - 09/05/2017 : 2:50:34 PM
Hi,

Are you using Origin 2017 SR2? This was reported previously and fixed in SR2 (ORG-16295).

You can go to Help->About Origin. Look at your version towards the top of the dialog and if you don't see SR2, you can navigate to this page:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=SUPPORT/ServiceReleases

And, depending on what you installed version is, download a patch. Just be sure to follow the instructions that will be provided to you later in the download process.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
gebauerjan Posted - 09/05/2017 : 05:48:08 AM
Hi,

I finally updated to Origin 2017 - mostly for the automatic parameter initialisation based on column headers (or even better user parameters).

However, this seems not to work in the way I had anticipated:

I have multiple curves, which I want to fit globally with one shared parameter.
The fitting function has an additional fixed parameter (actually a constant) which changes between every curve (It's the protein concentration used for the measurement).
I was planning to put this individual parameter for every curve in the header (a user paramter row) and automatically extract individually for every curve using 2017's new init functions.
However, when I enter "YD1", Origin only always pulls the data from the first curve ( first Y column) and uses this for all other curves (Y2-12 column) as well - I had anticipated that it take the appropriate value for every column ... Is this possible?

Regards,
Jan
snowli Posted - 12/19/2016 : 09:12:29 AM
Sorry, I didn't notice that.

Yes, it's worth upgrading to current version. We kept on improving ease of use and also adding more features and Apps.

Thanks, Snow
gebauerjan Posted - 12/19/2016 : 04:19:59 AM
Hi Snow,
thanks for that link.. it states M
inimum Origin Version Required: Origin 9.0 SR1
as I still use 8.5, I guess it might be time for an update...

Best,
Jan
snowli Posted - 12/16/2016 : 09:20:27 AM
Here is an example to use LabTalk Script to initialize parameter values based on header of data.

http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/CellVal-IniPara-Fitting

Thanks, Snow
gebauerjan Posted - 12/16/2016 : 08:36:38 AM
Hi again,

I guess it would be already find, if I could find out how to get the proper column and worksheet we are currently working on from inside the paramter initialisation dialog... anyone knows that?

Best,
Jan
gebauerjan Posted - 12/16/2016 : 07:42:18 AM
Hi Snow,

thanks for the help. Unfort. I only have Origin 8.5, so is there a way to do it with OriginC? I am not afraid for scripting ;-)

Does anyone have a code snipplet accessing header data in the fitting routines?

Best,
Jan
snowli Posted - 12/15/2016 : 3:15:20 PM
Hello, this is a new feature we supported in Origin 2017.

When defining user defined fitting function, you can specify initial parameter values based on x,y data stats info. (such as min of x, max of y), or from header area of x and y data.

If you set the parameter value to be fixed. Then it will always be fixed.

It also works for built-in functions. On Parameters tab, you can load parameter values from x,y data info. or header and set it to be fixed.

See this blog
http://blog.originlab.com/data-analysis/use-initial-formula-to-better-guess-fitting-parameter-values-from-data

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000