The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Help for Export EPS figures for LaTeX

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tantiger Posted - 01/05/2004 : 06:45:45 AM
If I make drawing with xFig, I can add some texts use the text tool and later replace those text strings by \psfrag macro in my LaTeX documents. However, in Origin, it seems I cannot replace those texts at all.

Is there any way of doing this like in xFig? Or will it be fufilled in future versions?

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hch_psi Posted - 08/20/2009 : 10:56:05 AM
I still have the same problem with Origin 7. Does anybody know a solution that works?

Regards
Andreas
vfitymrf Posted - 06/17/2004 : 3:26:46 PM
It seems that psfrag do not support ps-adobe-3.0, although all the labels indeed are created by the single ps command, I think the best solution would be to add the possibility to export the figures in psfrag supported format, but its doubtfull that originlab will do this.
tantiger Posted - 01/05/2004 : 11:16:43 PM
Sorry to have made you confused.

What I want is use Origin to make a plot, then add a text label, which can be replaced by other text (math equations) via \psfrag command in LaTeX environment. I know in xFig, after plot and add a text label, that label can be correctly replaced, but Origin fails to make the text label recognized by other program.

I found in the FAQ for "\psfrag", it says "PSfrag cannot perform the replacement unless the entire EPS string is constructed with a single PS command."

It seems that Origin used a different command to generate the string in EPS file, thus it cannot work with LaTeX environment. That's really a pity!

Hopefully later version can make this function available!

Anyway, thank you, Mike!

Edited by - tantiger on 01/05/2004 11:17:27 PM

Edited by - tantiger on 01/05/2004 11:20:58 PM

Edited by - tantiger on 01/05/2004 11:23:07 PM
Mike Buess Posted - 01/05/2004 : 4:53:08 PM
Origin is not a text or image editor. I suspect that the best you'll be able to do in Origin is cover the original text with a text label.

...Perhaps I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking if Origin can edit a text label created in another program, which it can't. But you can edit labels created in Origin easily. Just use LabTalk's Label command. Or labelname.text$="text string". I need to know what you want to do before I can be more specific.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

Edited by - Mike Buess on 01/05/2004 5:04:07 PM

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000