The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Copy and paste weirdness

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AJ1610 Posted - 02/21/2017 : 6:12:44 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.0724
Operating System: Windows 10

Hey all,
I am having a funny issue with Origin, but may just be a problem with my windows 10 settings.
Usually when I make figures using an Origin graph I simply right-click and copy page, then paste into my software of choice. Recently however, with my new computer, when I paste the page from Origin into the next software, the relevant graph is only ~30-40% of the whole pasted image, the rest just being empty space. It seems to happen with whatever software I choose to paste it into (Coreldraw, powerpoint, etc)
Since I don't think I explained that well, I made an image for help.
Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you!

Thanks for your help!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
martin12 Posted - 07/05/2017 : 08:39:29 AM
I have exactly the same issue with OriginPor 8 SR4 v 8.0951 since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
I tried the changes in the settings proposed in this and the other linked thread but without success.

Has anyone found a solution for this issue in the meantime?
Liamn Posted - 03/08/2017 : 9:51:05 PM
This problem happens if you change the display scaling without signing out. Usually Sign Out and re-Sign In resolves the problem.
See
http://originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27077
yuki_wu Posted - 02/28/2017 : 01:24:48 AM
Hi,

Firstly, I want to confirm that you had set @ems =0 in System Variable dialog, and then relaunched Origin as administrator to copy the graph page.

If you had tried that way and the problem wasn't gone, I think you can upgrade to our latest version Origin 2017 since 8.0 is very old.

You can download a free demo here:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=12&lm=62

Regards,
Yuki
OriginLab
AJ1610 Posted - 02/25/2017 : 3:12:25 PM
Thanks Yuki. Unfortunately that did not fix the problem, and there is still quite a bit of blank space in the pasted image. I can overcome the problem by exporting the graph as an eps or other file type, then importing it into the next software, but still frustrating that I cannot simply copy and paste

Thanks for your help!
yuki_wu Posted - 02/21/2017 : 9:28:05 PM
Hi,

Could you please take a look whether this quick help can help to fix the problem?
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Quick-Help/Control-Graph-Size

Regards,
Yuki
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000