The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Deleting masked data from worksheet

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bvg15 Posted - 04/26/2017 : 9:25:43 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8
Operating System: Win7

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to delete masked data from worksheets without shifting the rest of the data up. I need to delete outliers masked in a 2D plot for a large amount of data, so doing it manually is very time consuming. Thus far, I have tried 2 different approaches:

1. Create a 2D scatter plot. Using the Regional Data Selector, select the outlier in the plot, then using the Regional Mask Tool right click on the outlier and then choose Delete Data. This option works but not for all outliers, for some it deletes all the data from the plot, although I make sure to select only the outliers.

2. I masked the outliers in a 2D scatter plot, then used the Extract Worksheet Data tool to delete the rows where the masked values are found. I used the following approach suggested in an old post:

> Select Worksheet
> Extract Worksheet Data
> Select the column with masked values (column C)
> Click the => button to create an Alias (C)
> In the Condition text box, type C<i>!=0
> Click Test
> select if true button (only the boxes with the masked values are selected)
> Click the Close button
> Select Edit : Delete

Using this approach I do not have the problem with approach 1,whereas deleting some outliers deletes all my data. This approach deletes the masked values but since my masked values are in column C, once they are deleted, the rest of the data shifts up. I don't want this because my data in C column is related to the data in A and B columns. I just want to either delete the masked data without rearranging the rest of the data, or delete the masked data with the corresponding data in columns A and B.

The reason I have Columns A,B, and C is because I would like to plot my data in a 3D xyz plot. I tried masking the outliers in the 3D plot but was not able to. That's why I am considering removing the outliers from the 2D plot, then re-plot in 3D (columns A and C - variables, column B - constant). Is there any way to mask data directly in a 3D xyz plot?

Thank you for your time and help. I appreciate it.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Shirley_GZ Posted - 04/27/2017 : 02:13:17 AM
Hi bvg15,

We can't reproduce the problem you mentioned in approach 2:

When we use Worksheet Query in 2017 (Extract Worksheet Data in 8.0), we can select the whole rows(X,Y and Z values), then use the Delete context menu, we can remove these outliers.

Would you please send us(via:tech@originlab.com) the sample data to let us see the details here?

Additionally, with Origin 2017, you can use the Cluster Gadget to select and delete these outliers conviniently.
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Gadget-Cluster

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000