The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Time gap in Origin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Steffen89 Posted - 05/04/2017 : 09:02:36 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9.1
Operating System: Win 8.1

Hi @all
For my data set I have a time series with a couple of time gaps. During the time gap, Origin does automatically a interpolation between the begin and the end of the gap in the diagram. The attached file is marked, where you can see the interpolation. Is it possible to prevent this interpolation, for example to draw no line during the time gap?

Thank you for helping
Steffen

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Chris D Posted - 05/04/2017 : 12:24:56 PM
Hi,

If you are able, perhaps you can share some data and a graph with us so we can best determine how to do what you'd like to do. It can be difficult to provide a solution without being able to inspect the data itself.

Create as a simple an OPJ as possible that illustrates what you'd like to do and zip it up. If it is < 2MB you can mail it directly to tech@originlab.com. If it is larger, then click the "Send file to Tech Support" link on the top right of this forum page to upload the file to our FTP server. Then send an email to tech@originlab.com mentioning that you uploaded the file.

Please also, in any email, include your serial number and provide a brief description of what you'd like to do or link to this forum post.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
Steffen89 Posted - 05/04/2017 : 10:58:29 AM
Thank you for the fast answer. That means, for every missing Data I have to find the row, where the missing data starts and insert a row.
So there is no function in Origin, which "delete" the line plot for the missing data time period automatically(like a checkmark in the menu anywhere)?

Steffen

Chris D Posted - 05/04/2017 : 10:37:02 AM
Hi,

Probably the simplest thing you can do is to find the row in your data where you want a break. You can then select the X cell, right-click and choose Insert from the context menu. Then repeat that for the Y cell and any other relevant cells for that plot.

That will add "missing" values and line plots will not plot across missing values by default.

I would have suggested that you select the entire row rather than individual cells, but I am not sure what other data you might have in the worksheet and doing the entire row might have broken other data.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000