The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Colormap graph if one or both axes are 2D arrays

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
amuqri Posted - 05/16/2017 : 09:31:03 AM
Hello all,
I am trying to plot intensity data using the following axes

Intensity Array (Z-data) 512 rows x 89 columns array
Y-Axis 512 rows x 1 column array
X-Axis 512 rows x 89 columns array

How do I plot them either as a 3D then choose a plane view or as an intensity colormap.

Each one is in a different worksheet. It keeps asking me to put X & Y on the same sheet if I do that it still doesn't let me press OK to go ahead with the graph.

Any guidance and help is really appreciated, thank you
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
amuqri Posted - 05/16/2017 : 4:31:35 PM
Thank you so much Aviel for the detailed response I will follow those and update you hopefully with the map.
Thank you,
arstern Posted - 05/16/2017 : 11:53:16 AM
Hi,

Right now your x data is in a matrix form. To create a colormap/heatmap, you will need to interpolate the x-axis so that you have one column. For the worksheet with x-axis, select all columns. Select Analysis --> select Mathematics --> select Interpolate/Extrapolate.

You can input how many rows you desire. When you select Ok, the interpolate data will be input into the same worksheet as your x-axis. Labeled as Interpolate. Select this column and input into a new worksheet.

Your worksheet for plotting should be set up similar to this tutorial: http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Heat-Map-Virtual.
Input the interpolate x-axis in column A(X), input y-axis as single row (you will need to transpose your y-axis so that you have 512 columns and 1 row). To transpose your y-axis, select the y-axis --> Select worksheet --> select Transpose.

You can select colormap or heat map to plot an intensity colormap. (Follow the tutorial from the link above for more guidance).

Thanks,
Aviel
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000