The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 B/W Line Contour Plot w/ missing value cells

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Worker1 Posted - 04/15/2004 : 01:29:21 AM
We are trying out the Origin 7.5 Evaluation Demo. Whe cannot create acceptable B/W Lines Contour Plots because the program is conducting unwanted interpolations over missing value cells.
Our data are in the format as shown in the Origin Sample File “\Worksheet to Matrix\Regular\B.Y Varies First”, except that we have reoccurring groups of continuous cells with missing data in the Z-Column.
For Worksheet to Matrix conversion, we have used the “Sparse XYZ” (After also trying “Regular XYZ” and “Random XYZ” .
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we otherwise like the program very much.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 05/21/2014 : 5:21:06 PM
Hi ukashkartim,

Matthias Mueller posted a new post.
http://www.originlab.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=19526

If missing value rows are removed, then we will not do interpolation though we don't have control to turn off the boundary line.

Here are how to do it:
1. Highlight XYZ columns and choose Worksheet: Reduce Rows... menu to remove rows with missing values first.
2. Then plot B&W contour.
3. You can check what is the boundary line level. Then double click the plot to go to Plot Details dialog.
On Colormap/Contours tab, find the level and click the line cell in the table.
Change the line color to white (same as bkground color)

We will improve it in future version:
https://originlab.jira.com/browse/ORG-11136

Do you mind sending your data to us as well so we can see how to improve this. U can email to tech@originlab.com.

Sincerely, Snow
OriginLab Corp.
ukashkartim Posted - 05/21/2014 : 4:51:41 PM
Hi,
I'm using windows 8 64-bit. I also have the same problem. and could not figure out what to do.
I'm using Origin 9.1. If you have information I would appreciate if you post a reply, thank you.

Matthias Mueller Posted - 05/07/2014 : 10:51:29 AM
Hello,

quite a lot of time has passed since this problem was posted. I'm having the same trouble ("unwanted interpolations over missing value cells") and was wondering if there is a solution available?

I'm working with Origin 9.1 on Windows 7.

Thanks!
Matthias
Barb Tobias Posted - 04/19/2004 : 6:00:54 PM
Yes, sorry. Some items have restricted viewing status in our support area (http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=9&pid=798). If you are interested in the status of an item that is restricted from viewing, please contact our Technical Support for an update on that item.
Barb Tobias, OriginLab

Worker1 Posted - 04/19/2004 : 5:11:13 PM
Easwar,
We tried to look at the status and got this message:
"Invalid Tracker ID: 1668".
easwar Posted - 04/15/2004 : 1:27:23 PM
Hello,

This issue of missing values not being treated properly while contouring is trackered in our in-house database with the tracking number mentioned above. We provide the ID so that you can refer to it in the future in your communications with us etc.

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are working on addressing this problem. A solution could be available in a future version or service release.

Easwar
OriginLab

Worker1 Posted - 04/15/2004 : 1:06:23 PM
Sammi,
Thanks for your reply. What does "... we have a tracker #1668 ..." mean?
sammi.song Posted - 04/15/2004 : 03:45:10 AM
Hi Workser1,

This is a known problem, and we have a tracker #1668 to locate it.

Thanks,
Sammi

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000