The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Importing Data from Worksheet

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mattevrard Posted - 06/23/2017 : 11:09:14 AM
I am trying to important data from several different worksheets into a single column on a new worksheet. I have organized my data so that each group is a different worksheet and now I want to compile those data into an "All Data" worksheet.

That is, when I important data from Worksheet 2 (Group 1) from Column B into Worksheet 1 (All Data) Column B I would like for Column A on Worksheet 1 to put some categorical marker (like 1 for Group 1). So when I important Column B from Worksheet 3 (Group 2) into Column B on Worksheet 1 (All Data) it will mark Column A with a 2.

Sorry if this was confusing and thanks for any help.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 06/26/2017 : 1:58:58 PM
Hi,
You can also try "Worksheet: Append Worksheet" menu to see if it works as you wanted by selecting "Append by = Row" option.
In this tool, you can even specify which columns to be appended.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
JacquelineHe Posted - 06/26/2017 : 07:09:20 AM
Hi Mattevrard,

To clearly know your question, I summary your question:

You have three Worksheet, and want to put the Worksheet 2 Column A to Worksheet 1 Column B. At the same time, this new Column A with the categorical marker as the original one in Workbook2.
Also, put the Worksheet 3 Column B to Worksheet 1 Column B. At the same time, this new Column B with the categorical marker as the original one in Workbook3.

If these dataset are in the Origin, you can right-click the copied column and choose "Copy Column to" in the menu to copy the dataset to specify column. And "Set as Category" marker will also in the new columns.
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/copy-columns

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000