The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Align data fitted with peak function with Y axis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
39273927 Posted - 07/01/2017 : 11:34:09 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2017 b9.4.1.354 (Academic)
Operating System: Win 10 Home

Hello everyone,

I have some data that I want to fit with gaussian curves. One can easily see that my data is not symmetrical relative to Y axis. I want to fit each data set with a Gauss curve, determine each x_c (how far the Gauss peak is from x=0) and then move each curve by -x_c horizontally. In the end I want to have all my 10 curves aligned with Y axis. (see attached pictures)

I tried to use the Horizontal translate tool, but it moves all (!) data sets within certain X interval. It doesn't suit me because I want to move each data set by its own -x_c.

I could do 10 Gaussian fits, write down each x_c, copy my workbook somewhere like MS Excel and assign to each Y value the corresponding x_new = x_old - x_c, but then I will not be able to neatly plot all 10 curves at the same time because each set of Y values will have its own set of X values. A multi-Y plot can be made, but not multi-XandY. It would be terribly time consuming too.

Are there any better solutions?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JacquelineHe Posted - 07/03/2017 : 07:49:29 AM
Hi,

I simular a simple sample.
For example Column A~D are the datasets need to fit.
After fit two XY datasets, we get two xc value by "Copy" and "Paste Link" method to put them in the new column, and caluculte the value “xc2-xc1” by "Set Column Value" tool. And then caluculte the new X1 value.

Please refer to the following image:

Then save the workbook as a Analysis Template.
(File:Save Workbook As a Analysis Template)

And use "Batch Processing" tool to get the new "X" values for other column.

About "Batch Processing" tool, please refer to
http://originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Batch-Processing
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/Batch-Processing-Multiple-Datasets-using-Analysis-Template

Hope this information could help you.

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000