The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 2X Y graph

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
s.ganti@ncl.ac.uk Posted - 07/01/2017 : 8:26:14 PM
I have 3 columns A,B,C, each having an equal number of rows. I wish to plot a 2X (top and bottom) Y plot.

columns A and B are X data (unlinked by any formula). Col C is Y data. I need the top X axis ticks to take values from col C and the bottom X axis should take values from col A for corresponding values in col C.

I tried creating a new layer (top axis) but cant get Origin to do what I want. Can this be done easily? Thanks for help

Srinivas Ganti
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 07/05/2017 : 11:37:01 AM
Hi Srinivas Ganti,

Just for your information - There is an entry for the shared-Y type double-X plot in Origin Central (Open>
Graph Sample> Multiple Axis branch):

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
JacquelineHe Posted - 07/03/2017 : 06:48:34 AM
Hi,

Could you please tell us more detail about your question?

1. Which column's datasets are used to plot the curve?
ColumnB (X) and Column C (Y)?

2. "the top X axis ticks to take values from col C" but Col C is the Y value of the plot, right? Why set it to Top X axis ticks?

I assume used Col B and Col C to plot a curve, and set ColB is the Top axis tick label, and set Col A as the Bottom X axis tick label. And there is one layer in the graph.

You can try to:
1> Double click on the axis to open the Axis dialog. Go to "Tick Labels" tab to set the Bottom Axis Display tab, Type= Text from dataset, Dataset Name=[BookName]SheetName!A.

2> Show the top Axis. And for the Top Axis Display tab, Type= Text from dataset, Dataset Name=[BookName]SheetName!B.
Also, you can refer to this tutorial:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Tutorials/UserDef-TickPosition

3. If you want to create two layers, for the second Iayer, is there not curve?
If you want to change the position of the ticks, in Axis dialog, go to "Scale" tab, under "Major Ticks" branch, select "By Custom Position"s from "Type" drop-down list.

If these are not helpful for you, plesae show us more detail about your question.

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000