The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Smoothing of 2D dataset

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tdebnath Posted - 07/03/2017 : 05:42:53 AM
Hi everybody,

It is easy to perform smoothing for 1D data (e.g. Absorbance vs Wavelength in only one particular time) in Analysis ->Signal processing -> Smooth or FFT Filter. How can I perform the same for 2D dataset (e.g. Absorbance vs Wavelength in thousands of time)? I found somewhere they told to use 2D FFT Filter (in Signal processing section) to smooth the dataset, however I didn't find that particular one under Signal processing section (I am using Origin 8.5).
Note: My data is not evenly spaced, so I interpolate the 1D data to smooth.

Thanks
Tushar
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tdebnath Posted - 07/07/2017 : 11:42:01 AM
Hi Shirley,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I found the matrix sheet shows the index number (pixel) of XY, however on selecting View: Show X/Y on the matrix sheet does not still convert them to original XY values.

I am sorry, at the moment, I can not share my data to you (confidential data). I am not sure without the OPJ file you can help me or not.

Thanks,
Tushar
Shirley_GZ Posted - 07/07/2017 : 06:40:44 AM
Hi Tushar,

Yes, there isn't any option to customize the 2D Smoothing. You can read this page to learn the default settings of this dialog, http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/MSmooth-Algorithm

If you are converting XYZ data to matrix, I don't think the XY values will be changed. Actually, by default, matrix sheet won't show the actual XY values(but the index numbers), you need select View: Show X/Y menu to show them.

If still problem, please send us the OPJ file via tech@originlab.com

Thanks,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
tdebnath Posted - 07/07/2017 : 02:59:38 AM
Hi Shirley,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. However while performing 2D smoothing, as you suggested, I found only default setting for 2D smoothing (i.e. I can not customise 2D smoothing while for 1D smoothing one can do customisation e.g. 5 point, 10 point smoothing etc.). Is there any customisation option?

The major problem I faced while converting my original data to matrix (i.e. before perform 2D smoothing), I found the programme changes my X- and Y- axis values to some arbitary values. For example, my original data have X- values form 335 to 465 unit and Y- values from -500 to 3500 unit, however after converting to matrix, it reads X- values from 0 to 1000 unit and Y-values from 0 to 800 unit. Please suggest how to get rid of this serious problem.

Thanks,
Tushar
Shirley_GZ Posted - 07/04/2017 : 02:31:35 AM
Hi Tushar,

The 2D Smoothing and 2D FFT Filter menu item under Signal Processing section are only available when a Matrix window is activated.

So, you need convert your data to matrix firstly if you are have them in XYZ format.
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/XYZGridding-Dialog

Then, you can perform 2D smoothing or 2D FFT Filter on your data.

Thanks,
Shirley
OriginLab

Originlab Technical Service Team

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000