The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Old Layer Contents Dialog

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
redspirit Posted - 07/23/2017 : 05:35:16 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2017 (64 bit) SR2, b9.4.2.380
Operating System: W7 64 bit

Is there any possibility to switch back to old layer contents dialog view (with ticks)? The new one is absolutely non-convenient as soon one has data with large number of columns and with error bars, which are not in neighboring columns. With ticks in previous version it was very clearly what I choose and I could choose graph with error bar in one step.

In addition with new Dialog it becomes complicate to make such as simple procedure as replacing data connected to the curve: for example I plotted column7, then I looked on it, decided to normalize data while keeping the original. The I created column8, add a function to it. With old layer content dialog it was necessary only to change one tick. In new one- several steps.

Dear Origin-Team, please, take into account users, who works with large and complex data sets, and not only those who has one ColumnX and one ColumnY, as in your video on youtube.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
redspirit Posted - 08/23/2017 : 4:19:49 PM
I am sorry, Jacqueline, this is my mistake. The problem was that after installation of the SR the "plot setup" window was shown in short form with both upper parts (including those one with ticks) minimized. I have not seen the button "blue double arrow" at the upper right corner to maximized this parts of the "plot setup" window. This button is shown with red arrow in the picture below.

Therefore I thought that with new SR the data can be added only by "Layer Contents" dialog-window which is not good in case of large set of structured data.

Finally I found the "blue double arrow" button and now the "plot setup" window looks as it should allowing for easy manipulation with data:

JacquelineHe Posted - 07/24/2017 : 01:19:45 AM
Hi,

1. Could you please tell us which version of Origin you used the "Old Layer Contents Dialog" ?
If you do not mind, please show us the different step by step, so that we can understand the question clearly and can reproduce your issue.
Also, you can make some screenshot to show us the difference.

2. If you just want to change the datasets in the graph, I suggest you can try to use the Change X/ Change Y/ Change Z
Please refer to this help page and video tutorial:
http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/DataPlot-Manage#Changing_the_datasets_associated_with_a_plot

http://www.originlab.com/Index.aspx?go=Support/VideoTutorials&pid=1207

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000