The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 MATLAB .MAT file import for DateTime entries

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pourmousavi Posted - 07/24/2017 : 02:24:59 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 2017 SR2, b9.4.2.380
Operating System: Windows 10

Hello,
I have a bunch of variables in a .MAT file from MATLAB which I want to import into OriginLab. The import functions very good for numerical values. However, it fails to import character array of datetime. I tried string as well as cell types but they did not work. Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Thanks

ali
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pourmousavi Posted - 07/30/2017 : 9:16:51 PM
@arstern
Thanks for your reply. I have a bunch of variables in the .mat file. Most of them are numeric and some are of datetime type like '2016-04-04 15:24:00.000'. The DateTime variables are 'char'.
The method you have mentioned did not work, unfortunately. I tried different variations of the Date Display in OriginLab and neither of them worked. I tried to convert 'char' to string arrays and still not chance.

quote:
Originally posted by arstern

Hi,

Please try to set the worksheet columns to date/time before importing the .mat file.

Select column and Right-Click. Select Properties.

Under the Column Properties dialog box. Select Format --> Select Date or Time. Under the Display tab, select Format type for dates/time.

ali
arstern Posted - 07/24/2017 : 11:41:10 AM
Hi,

Please try to set the worksheet columns to date/time before importing the .mat file.

Select column and Right-Click. Select Properties.

Under the Column Properties dialog box. Select Format --> Select Date or Time. Under the Display tab, select Format type for dates/time.

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000