The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Using installed Allan Variance app in OriginPro

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cold_matt Posted - 07/27/2017 : 05:34:20 AM
I am trying to use the Allan Variance app downloaded from

http://www.originlab.com/fileExchange/details.aspx?fid=231

by dragging and dropping it onto an open Origin window. The installation proceeds and appears to complete as expected. Upon repeating the process I receive a warning that the app is already installed. However, it does not appear in the Apps tray, even if I close and re-open the program.

I have tried installing the "Piecewise Fit" app from the same source and that appeared immediately in the tray. Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks.

OriginPro 2017 64-bit, b9.4.1.354
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit, SP1
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sam Fang Posted - 08/01/2017 : 11:23:56 PM
Hi,

Did you once install the old Allan Variance tool? It may be caused by the old Allan Variance tool.
http://www.originlab.com/fileExchange/details.aspx?fid=143

Make sure you uninstalled the old Allan Variance tool. Select Tool: Package Manager from Origin menu. In the dialog, select Tools: Uninstall a Package, and uninstall Allan Variance from the list.

Then download the new Allan Variance App from the page:
http://www.originlab.com/fileExchange/details.aspx?fid=231

Install the new opx file. And a message will be shown in Message Log for the installation. If the message comes from a pop up dialog instead of Message Log, it means you used the old opx file to install, not the new.

Thanks.
Sam

Sam
OriginLab Technical Services
cold_matt Posted - 07/31/2017 : 05:41:12 AM
No dice. I managed to get SR1 installed and I tried removing and re-adding the Allan Variance and Piecewise apps (the only ones I have), and the problem remains.

I also tried to manually extract the files into the AppData/Local/OriginLab/Apps folder, but that didn't help either.

Other suggestions?

OriginPro 2017 64-bit, b9.4.0.220
YimingChen Posted - 07/27/2017 : 1:54:51 PM
Hi,

You can try upgrade your Origin to SR2 since it shows you are still running 2017 SR0:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=SUPPORT/ServiceReleases

Another thing you can try is to uninstall all your apps and reinstall this app to see if it's working.

Thanks,
James
cold_matt Posted - 07/27/2017 : 09:56:28 AM
Thanks for the reply, James.

I clicked on "Show in Folder" and went up one level. The "Piecewise Fit" folder was there but the "Allan Variance" folder was not.

Using the Package Manager, I did Tools:Browse Installed Packages and then noticed the "Source Path" for the Allan Variance app, which was in my /Documents/Origin folder rather than /Local/OriginLab/Apps which is where the Piecewise Fit app is stored. I navigated there in my file explorer but could not find the folder.

I then tried what you suggested- uninstalling the app and re-installing it, but the same behaviour persists.

OriginPro 2017 64-bit, b9.4.0.220
YimingChen Posted - 07/27/2017 : 09:02:11 AM
Hi,

Please try the following. Right click any of your app icon in the tray, select Show in Folder. Go up to it's parent folder where you will see all your installed apps. See if there's a folder with name Allan Variance. Delete it and try installing again.

If it still doesn't work, you can select from menu Tool:Package Manager.... In the pop-up dialog, select Tools:Uninstall a Package.., see if Allan Variance is in the list and uninstall it. Then reinstall again. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000