The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Copy and Paste

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MarkusStttt Posted - 07/31/2017 : 04:44:11 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2017 9.4
Operating System: Win10

Hello,

I just want to copy and paste value from one project to another one. The value in the worksheet are link from a table, so instead of copying the values, it copies the link - which is useless in another project. So how can I simply copy the values shown in the worksheet??

Thx...
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
snowli Posted - 08/04/2017 : 1:59:27 PM
Hi Markus,

The jira link is only for reference. Sorry that we don't open it to users yet.

Thanks, Snow
MarkusStttt Posted - 08/03/2017 : 05:37:11 AM
Hey,
yes in general the way of copying the link instead of the value is very useful, its just sometimes one needs also the values ;)

Both workaround work just fine.

I wanted to try this Jira, and I signed up, but apparently I don't have access with my E-mail, I am not sure what I should do there?
snowli Posted - 08/02/2017 : 3:07:56 PM
Hi Markus,

Another workaround is select cell or range of cells. Right click and choose Remove Link.

Then copy them and paste to new opj.

At the end, don't save the original opj so linking is still there.

Or u can right click the overview sheet tab and duplicate it first. Then remove link in the duplicated sheet in case u don't want to accidently save the opj with links removed.

U can delete the duplicated sheet after pasting is done.

We may have changed paste behavior for linked cells between 9.0 and 2017.

We have created jira to improve it so that if user can use Copy Full Precision and then paste will not paste the link. JIRA item for this: https://originlab.jira.com/browse/ORG-16790

Thanks, Snow

MarkusStttt Posted - 08/01/2017 : 08:57:11 AM
Hi,

so I don't want to copy/paste numeric values in 2017. See, I get the values from fitting some datas, and the link very good, since when I change the fit, the parameters are also updated automatically (in some overview-worksheet).

So want I want now I just to send this overview of parameters to someone, and, because I do not want to send all the data, I just want to copy these parameters in a new project. And this doesn't work.

But I got your idea now, I guess I could copy-paste the parameters with the numeric option in the old project file (where the links can point the correct values), and then copy-paste them again into a new project as values. That should work, however, that seems more like a work-around ;).

So again, I do not want to paste numeric values, I want to copy the numeric value where the links are pointing at. v9 does this automatically (also not good in every case), 2017 do not do this at all. Maybe there is some copy-option, where one can choose what to copy?
JacquelineHe Posted - 08/01/2017 : 04:24:34 AM
Hi,

In Origin 2017 SR2 (64bit Win7), I try to set the copy-pasted dataset to Numeric, save the OPJ and reopen the project in Origin 9.0 SR2 (64bit Win7). The value shows correctly.
I am afraid that I can not reproduce your question, so I am not sure what leads it.

But we do not suggest using the old version to open the new version project.

Thanks
Jacqueline
MarkusStttt Posted - 07/31/2017 : 05:08:13 AM
Sorry,
by accident I opened the file with origin 9 again, not 2017.

When I try to copy the values with 2017, and paste with numeric format in the new worksheet in a new project, I get only '-'

so still no values
MarkusStttt Posted - 07/31/2017 : 05:02:39 AM
Yes,
I tried and that works fine.

Thanks
JacquelineHe Posted - 07/31/2017 : 04:57:08 AM
Hi,

If the copied value is Numeric, for the paste result, you can try right-click on the column, and choose Properties.
In the Column Properties dialog, set the Format= Numeric, and click OK.

Then these value will not the link, but just the Numeric value.

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab
MarkusStttt Posted - 07/31/2017 : 04:56:47 AM
I found a solution:

Open the first project with an older version (9), there copy and paste actually works, and one can paste into the new worksheet (2017).

Great update

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000