The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with multiple peak fitting in OriginPro 9

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
StanceT Posted - 08/03/2017 : 09:33:00 AM
Hello,

I have been using the multiple peak fitting tool of OriginPro 8 for years now and we just changed to the OriginPro9 version and I encounter several problems :

- I can't define the region of interest of the peaks I need to fit as I used to. I used to use the data selector directly in the plot and that doesn't work anymore. Where can I choose the range of interest?

- When truncating the data to have the right region on interest, my fit do not converge, even on old data that used to be fitted easily with the OP8 and that are fitted easily with several single peak fits. Is there some new settings that I could have overlooked ?

Thank you a lot,
Best,
ST.

P.S. I already went to read the origin Help documentation section on multiple peak fit and didn't find the answers.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
StanceT Posted - 08/04/2017 : 06:03:17 AM
Thanks a lot for the range answer !
That will work perfectly I'm sure.

I'll try again and carefully look at the parameters when I'll go back to the lab and send screenshots.

Is there any difference in the way the auto-parameters are set between OP8 and OP9? That might be the problem...

Thanks again,
Have a nice w-e
ST.
arstern Posted - 08/03/2017 : 10:45:56 AM
Hi,

The image below is for using Origin 2017 therefore I am not sure if this will be the same for Origin 9.0 (2013).

You can select the purple highlighted box in Range 1 to select your range of data. You can also Select the dropdown tab next to Rows to select your range of data according to your rows or range of x.

In terms of your fit not converging could you please provide your steps with images? For example your graph, what are the parameters you are using, what fit you are using? Most likely when a fit do not converge it is due to how the parameters are set.

Thanks,
Aviel
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000