The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Scale issues

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Léo Posted - 08/17/2017 : 10:48:33 AM
Hello everybody,

I just get Origin last week, but I already have a little issue with the scale when I try to do a 3D surface graph. I don't know why but when I do the graph, I have 1 or 2 axes (X and/or Y axe)with a scale from 1 to 200 instead to be the length of my data.

I try many thing : as changing comma into point of my values or even changing the setting in the origin options but nothing seems to work. It seems that Origin couldn't recognize the numerical data.

My data are coming from Excel (2010) sheet and I just copy and paste the value from excel to origin table. I'm working on Windows 7 (64bit). Strange things is when I do the tutorial and use the example and paste one of my data on one of the example axis, origin recognize the value, but on a ne new book/graph origin doesn't recognize my data.

I hope to be clear. I try to search a subject about that but I didn't find. Sorry If I bring this issue for anoter Xth time.

Here is a pictures to illustrate my trouble :

Thank you for your help.

Leo
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Léo Posted - 08/21/2017 : 10:10:40 AM
Hi,

It's far better with the selection of only the Z-Value.

Thank you for your help and your efficiency.
arstern Posted - 08/18/2017 : 12:20:50 PM
Hi,

Just took a look at your OPJ file. When you were plotting, I am guessing you were selecting the entire worksheet. However to plot the 3D surface, you must select only the Z data and then select Plot 3D surface. See image below.

Then input the y values and x values in the plotvm dialog. If you select the entire worksheet (rather than the z data), the scale ranges from 0 - 160 because it is plotting the row number rather than the x range.

Your axis should look like this.

Aviel
arstern Posted - 08/17/2017 : 12:16:48 PM
Hi,

In Origin, you need to use a point for the decimal. You said below that you tried changing the value to a point in Origin? One thing I might suggest, is trying to change the decimal to a point in Excel first and then copying and pasting that data into the Origin worksheet.

If that does not work, can you please send your .opj and excel file to tech@originlab.com

Thanks
Aviel
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000