The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 AutoUpdate doesn't work

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wurm Posted - 11/17/2004 : 02:58:03 AM
Hello,

the option "autoupdate" in the "calculate column values" windows doesn't work as described. The columns just don't update when changing the referenced data. And instead of a lock-sign I get a yellow point on top of the column.

What's the problem?

Thanks for your help

Wurm

Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5G SR3
Operating System: XP SR2
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stephanrich Posted - 08/24/2009 : 08:04:37 AM
hi,

just patched to SR6 and everything is working fine now!

thanks a lot

Stephan
cpyang Posted - 08/22/2009 : 1:56:24 PM
SR1 was before we have many fixes, so maybe you should update at least to SR4, best to the latest of SR6.

CP
stephanrich Posted - 08/22/2009 : 11:29:55 AM
Hi,

thanks for your reply. I'm doing the exact same thing under Origin Pro 8G SR1 v8.0773 (B773) and it does not auto update. The link between the cells is set correctly. After clicking on the green lock, recalculation is not possible manually. The only way to make it do so is to relink the cells.

cheers

Stephan
cpyang Posted - 08/22/2009 : 08:03:07 AM
Which version of Origin?

I tried the following and it works fine

1. fill Book1 col(A) with row numbers
2. create Book2 and Copy Book1 Col(A) and Paste Link into Book2 Col(A)
3. In book2 set col(B)=col(A)+1 and Recalculate to Auto
4. from Book1, fill col(A) with random numbers
5. Book2 colB is updated automatically.

After Paste Link in step 2, you can double-click a cell and see

cell://[Book1]Sheet1!A[1]

CP
stephanrich Posted - 08/22/2009 : 07:35:00 AM
hi,

I have a similar problem. When having linked cells (means: the value in that cells are taken from other cells in another book), calculations depending on these cells won't autoupdate, actually there is no way of updating them, since even in manual mode, the "recalculate" button isn't highlighted. Seems Origin doesn't realise when changing values in another book, although they are linked with a calculation.

Is this a bug or is there an option to enable auto update even in that case?

thanks

Stephan Richter
easwar Posted - 04/27/2008 : 11:18:46 AM
Hi,

Please send your OPJ to tech support and notes on which column you add to etc, so we can take a look.

Thanks,

Easwar
OriginLab

dinzy Posted - 04/27/2008 : 09:49:54 AM
I have a similar problem in orign 8 with SR1.

I set calculation columns to auto recalculate as I am entering more data. It works for a little bit and then stops. I have to set it to normal and manually recalculate all values for that particular column for as long as I intedn to use that project.

This problem is random in that not all autoreclaculate columns are effected. It seems to get worse when I have one column depend on another that is also set to auto, but I can't give really confirm that.

Edit: When Auto update fails ( just did for me :() The lock is still there and when I switch it off and on again the lock reappears but AU is still broken.

Edited by - dinzy on 04/27/2008 10:13:48 AM
larry_lan Posted - 04/03/2008 : 03:49:01 AM
Hi Peter:

the "Recalculate" option is available in Origin 8.0. There is only "auto update" in 7.5. Could you please send your opj to tech@originlab.com and we can have a look?

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
cpeterbeng Posted - 04/02/2008 : 08:44:17 AM
Where do I choose "recalculate"? I am using Origin 7.5SR6. When I click on the yellow dot (not lock) there is no "recalculate" option. Right clicking on the whole column to go to the set column values window, I can see the "autoupdate" checkbox. This is checked. The column does not autoupdate and the yellow dot instead of a grey lock appears at the top of the column. @AU=1
thanks anyway,
Peter

C. Peter Bengtson

Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Neurowissenschaften (IZN)

Universität Heidelberg +49-(0)6221-546484 (lab)

Im Neuenheimer Feld 364 +49-(0)6221-546700 (fax)

69120 Heidelberg, GERMANY
Laurie Posted - 03/31/2008 : 10:54:02 AM
The default Recalculate mode is Manual. (If you reopen Set Column Values dialog, you'll see this.) This means that you then need to click on the yellow lock and choose "Recalculate".

You can change the Recalculate mode to Auto either by clicking on the lock or reopening the Set Column Values dialog.

OriginLab Technical Support
cpeterbeng Posted - 03/28/2008 : 4:13:03 PM
I have a similar problem. Column values do not autoupdate and a yellow dot instead of a lock symbol is displayed on the column. The @AU value is set to 1 so it is not an issue caused by global update settings.

C. Peter Bengtson

Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Neurowissenschaften (IZN)

Universität Heidelberg +49-(0)6221-546484 (lab)

Im Neuenheimer Feld 364 +49-(0)6221-546700 (fax)

69120 Heidelberg, GERMANY
easwar Posted - 11/17/2004 : 09:06:21 AM
Hi Wurm,

Open the Script Window and type the command
@au=
Do you get a value of 1 or 0? If 0, that means auto update has been globally turned off. So if you get 0, issue the command
@au=1
and then see if your column updates.

If the above is not the case, please contact tech support with your OPJ or more details on what formula/function you are using for setting the column value etc.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000