The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 User-defined fitting functions not available

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CStWue Posted - 09/07/2017 : 05:34:04 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 2017 (64-bit)
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

Dear all,

when I started Origin today, all of the user-defined fitting functions were not available anymore. They are stored in the default "fitfunc" subfolder of the User Files Folder and are still present, but they are not shown in the Fitting Function Organizer. However, all of the custom graph and dialog themes in the UFF are still perfectly usable.

How do I make the fitting functions available again? I know I can readd them via the Fitting Function Organizer, but is there a way to make Origin recognize them by itself again?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
arstern Posted - 09/07/2017 : 5:12:47 PM
Hi,

This might be one reason why this happened.

There are two UserFiles\fitfunc:

1) In \Documents\OriginLab\2017\User Files\fitfunc
2) In \Documents\OriginLab\User Files\fitfunc

The Fitting Functions must be placed in the first example location. If it is located in the second example, it will not show in the Fitting Function Organizer.

If this happens again I would suggest either emailing or calling tech support, we can use screen sharing to take a look at your monitor which would help in diagnosing the problem.

Aviel
CStWue Posted - 09/07/2017 : 4:08:06 PM
Hello Aviel,

I already used the Add button to make my functions available again, but I'm still wondering why they were not displayed in the first place even though they were still stored in the appropriate folder?
arstern Posted - 09/07/2017 : 11:37:54 AM
Hi,

Have you tried selecting the Add button in the Fitting Function Organizer? You can search and add the fit function to a specific folder in the dialog box.

Thanks,
Aviel
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000