The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Exponential decay fitting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Simina Posted - 09/08/2017 : 08:28:03 AM
Origin Ver. OriginPro2015; Service Release b9.2.257
Operating System:Windows 7

Hello,

I have a data set of amplitude vs time, which looks like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4mhe8zbjqh717x/Capture01.JPG?dl=0

What I want to do is do an exponential fit of the maximum amplitude in each event (by event I mean a time period where there is a waveform), and let's say I have 7 events, like shown in the image.

What I do is manually extract those maximum values, plot them and then do the exponential fit, which looks like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wluyape8dzobrwh/Capture02.JPG?dl=0

Is there any way it could be done "less manually"? I have doubts whether the software can automatically extract only the maximum amplitude of an event, just like I do.

Thank you!
Simina

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Simina Posted - 09/08/2017 : 10:00:05 AM
Later I checked the Envelope function - if the smooth factor is high enough (I used 250), it will eventually create an envelope only covering the peaks. However, it fails to read properly the first magnitude (the one in x=0). Fitting the envelope with the same exponential measured above would lead to some 50 mV in amplitude, and would slightly cross some peaks. This works as a first approximation.

I would like to know if there is something more accurate that could be done.

Thanks
Simina

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000