The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Abnormal amplitudes removal

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cruzo Posted - 09/24/2017 : 5:26:53 PM
Good day,

Could not find a similar topic via “Search”, so please redirect me to the corresponding topic if I repeated somebody. I have a plot that I need to filter from abnormal amplitudes. My real signal is below 150 units (step signals), and have these spikes up to 2000 units before and after my real step signals. I was trying to use the “Smooth” option with a percentage percentile but it does not remove the spikes. Maybe because of the number spikes, hence the tool assumes that this is a real signal without noise.

So, are there any options (or maybe other settings) how I can get a filtered signal? Or at least how I can reduce the spikes down to 150-200 units, so I can clearly see and work on my step signal. Thank you in advance.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cruzo Posted - 09/28/2017 : 10:26:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JacquelineHe

Hi,

I suggest you can try our Spectral Broadening App.
It is particularly useful to broaden spikes in a spectrum.
Please down it from following page, then drag and drop into Origin to install it.
http://www.originlab.com/fileExchange/details.aspx?fid=399

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab

Jacqueline, Thank you so much. I've tried the app, but unfortunately it did not work out really well.

nick_n, thank you! Before I've seen your message I tried to replace all values of y that are bigger than 200ish with empty cells. And after that I used "Reduce rows" and deleted all rows with missing values. Surprisingly worked out really well. Similar to your approach as I can see. Thank you very much for you time and help. Have a wonderful day.
nick_n Posted - 09/25/2017 : 6:13:25 PM
Hi,

If you need only decrease spikes without affecting of data you can try that: in worksheet select column with your data then go to menu Column\Set column values..\put expression: col("Data")>150 ? 149 : col("Data"). That will find values bigger than 150 and replace with 149.
Assuming that your data are in column "Data", you can use e.g. col(B). Use 0/0 instead of 149 to delete wrong values.

Another way to remove artefacts is mask them by using Toolbars "Tools" > "Mask Points on Plot" or the same in worksheet: select column with your data then menu: Column\Mask cells by condition.

Best regards,

Nikolay
JacquelineHe Posted - 09/25/2017 : 06:48:37 AM
Hi,

I suggest you can try our Spectral Broadening App.
It is particularly useful to broaden spikes in a spectrum.
Please down it from following page, then drag and drop into Origin to install it.
http://www.originlab.com/fileExchange/details.aspx?fid=399

Plesae note: minimum versions supporting this app is Origin 2017.

If you are not using Origin 2017, we suggest you can upgrade.
You can download a demo version to try it:
http://www.originlab.com/demodownload.aspx

Thanks
Jacqueline
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000