The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Thick dotted line

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KAC Posted - 03/18/2005 : 04:32:22 AM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5 SR 0
Operating System: WIN XP SP2

Hello!

does anybody know how can I plot THICK DOTTED line, for example with thickness = 3.

When I try to increase thickness to dotted line my dotted line becomes solid:(

please help
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mike Posted - 01/20/2006 : 1:16:30 PM
Oh, yes. Speed Mode settings can be applied/disabled in three situations -- on screen, when printing, or for graphic export. For more information, see this forum post.

I'm glad to hear that you figured this out. Good luck!

Mike
OriginLab

spingler Posted - 01/20/2006 : 12:27:08 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your continous support. I had done all this before, but with no improvement, when I copied the graph as a page into MSWord). Then I found the (additional to these steps) missing setting:

Format:Plot: at the Graph level in Plot Details: Miscellaneous:

Check on "If speed mode is enabled for display, apply to graphic export as well."

Thanks again, it could me some time to actually describe the problem precisely.

Bernhard
Mike Posted - 01/20/2006 : 09:50:37 AM
Hi Bernhard,

You might try this:

Set your plot type to Line. Select Format:Plot and set Connect to 2 Point Segment or 3 Point Segment. Using this line connection type in conjunction with a small Worksheet data, maximum points per curve number (Size/Speed tab at the Layer level in Plot Details), might do it.

Mike
OriginLab

spingler Posted - 01/20/2006 : 05:09:56 AM
Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot for your help. I have lines consisting of 7000 datapoints. The final plot shall be 5 cm wide. I have smoothed the lines. I want to display the smoothed lines with no symbols. In the line mode there is not possibility to skip points. In the line&symbol mode, I can skip points, but this does not change the display of the smoothed lines (I set the symbol size to 0).

Best regards

Bernhard
Mike Posted - 01/06/2006 : 10:36:22 AM
Hi Bernhard,

Here are a couple of possible solutions (assuming that you are working with a line & symbol graph):
  • With the graph active, select Format:Layer. This opens the Plot Details dialog box. On the Size/Speed tab, reduce the Worksheet data, maximum points per curve number.
  • With the graph active, select Format:Plot. This also opens the Plot Details dialog box. On the Drop Lines tab, select Data Points Display Control and enter a Skip Points value.

Mike
OriginLab

spingler Posted - 01/05/2006 : 11:28:10 AM
Hi all,

I have the same problem as KAC had, but the suggested advice by Schalkbe did not help in my case. I think that the problem is that I have too many data points. My Origin version is 7 SR4, running on Win XP2.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards
Bernhard
KAC Posted - 03/22/2005 : 12:04:22 AM
Thanks a lot!
It works!
Mike Posted - 03/18/2005 : 09:04:07 AM
KAC, keep in mind, too, that what appears to be a solid line on your monitor may print or export correctly (as a dashed line). In some cases, this is a screen resolution problem. If you find that it is also a problem in your printouts, following shalkbe's advice should fix the problem.

Mike
OriginLab
schalkbe Posted - 03/18/2005 : 08:37:54 AM
Open the dialog Tools->Options->Graph and make sure "Use Origin Dashes in Page View" is activated.
You don't see the effect immediately in an open graph window, but after clicking the "Refresh" button everything should be OK.

Edited by - schalkbe on 03/18/2005 08:43:07 AM

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000