The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Extract data from worksheet with rounding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Talku Posted - 11/14/2017 : 10:26:50 AM
Hello,
I do not have experience in Origin, so I hope I can explain my problem:
I want to extract data from a worksheet. Column A is the time, column B a measurement value, and column C the status of the measurement equipment.
The task is: If the value in column C changes to 50, look at the time in column B (lets say for instance its 321.3). Search in column B for the closest value to "two seconds later" (321.3 + 2 = 323.3) and extract the row (columns A and B) into a second worksheet.

Up to now, two measurements, i.e. one row, were apart exactly 0.1 seconds. So when the value in C became 50, I just extracted the row 20 rows below (because 20 rows later equals 2 seconds). I did this with the "extract data from worksheet" dialog.
Now the measurement frequency is not constant anymore, i.e. sometimes it takes 0.1 seconds, sometimes 0.3 seconds between to measurements, so I cant use the number of rows to search for the value 2 seconds later.
Moreover, this means that sometimes I do not have a datapoint exactly two seconds later, but 1.8 seconds or 2.1 seconds. So I have to find the closest value to 2 seconds.

Thank you for your Help!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Talku Posted - 11/16/2017 : 09:42:35 AM
Thank you Yuki!
I think this is exactly what I have searched for. I will try your idea tomorrow on a new measurement.
Have a nice day
Best regards
Talku
yuki_wu Posted - 11/15/2017 : 10:22:53 PM
Hi,

Worksheet Query dialog is still available for this:

1. Select Worksheet: Worksheet Query from menu to open Worksheet Query dialog box
2. Select Scripts: Edit from the dialog menu
3. Type the scripts inside the Script Before If Condition box:

if(col(C)[i]== 50)
{
dd = col(B)[i]
}

4. Click OK button
5. Select Column(B) in the left panel and then click => button to make this column available in Select Column Variables for If Test panel for constructing the condition.
6. Enter the following condition formula in the Condition box:

abs(col(B)-(dd + 2)) == min(abs(col(B)-(dd + 2)))

7. Select Extract to New Worksheet in the Output item
8. Click OKbutton

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Yuki
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000