The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 plotting a line that changes color

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
schneide Posted - 11/14/2017 : 11:00:15 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

Origin 2017

Is there a way to change the color of a line according to the numbers in a different column?

e.g.
A(x) B(y) C(y?, color!)

1 7 1
2 5 1
3 3 1
4 2 2
5 6 2
6 5 3
7 4 3
8 7 3
9 9 4
10 2 4
so that when I plot the line it will begin with color 1 (e.g. black) then continue in color 2 (e.g. red between x=4 and 6, then change to color 3 (e.g. green) between x=6 and 9 and eind with color 4(e.g. blue)
Best would be a way to have the colors follow the rainbow colors as in a contour plot

Giselher
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
schneide Posted - 11/15/2017 : 02:24:17 AM
This works great.

now I would like to use a rainbow color list that stretches between min and max values of the color column list. I.e. in a way as you can do it with the z-values in a contour plot.

I see that I can select a rainbow color palette (system color list), but it is fixed to 13 color values.
is there a way to use a color palette that will stretch with a given step width or a given number of steps between the min and max value of a given color column list?

Also I would like to show a vcolor legend on the graph indicating color and corresponding color column entry.

Giselher
snowli Posted - 11/14/2017 : 11:38:03 AM
Hello,

You can double click the plotted line and go to Line tab of Plot Details dialog. Click Color control and choose By Points tab.

You can choose Indexing: Col(C). Then Color List tab will show in Plot Details dialog for you to specify what color is for 1, what color is for 2, etc.

Or you can choose Colormapping: Col(C).
Then Colormap tab will show. Click Fill column header and choose Load Pallette. There are many built-in palette such as Rainbow.

You can press F1 in this dialog to see Help.

Thanks, Snow

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000