The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 moving worksheets between instances of Origin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
menhart@ii Posted - 11/22/2017 : 3:58:49 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

is here a way to copy ans paste worksheet (or better graphs with embedded worksheets) from one instance of Origin to another?

i.e. short of:
  • manually create a new worksheet in the destination file
  • returning to the source file and cutting the data
  • pasting manually the data?
  • repeating all this for units, comment s etc

ideally and logically, there'd be a way to simply copying and paste a worksheet object with two clicks... the same as we can for instance, paste a graph into a Word document.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
menhart@ii Posted - 01/04/2018 : 2:21:28 PM
ok this is better. it still does not copy worksheet attributes like its name (longname? shortname? why tow names?!!) but is seem to work with anything "inside" the worksheet - so that helps a bit! thx...

quote:
Originally posted by minimax

quote:

You do not have to do repeating, with all data highlighted on source, press Ctrl+Shift+A (Copy All),
    go to destination sheet in another instance, highlight col(A) and press Ctrl+V.
    --> data and labels will be pasted.

Hope it helps.

minimax Posted - 12/05/2017 : 9:06:15 PM
    quote:

You do not have to do repeating, with all data highlighted on source, press Ctrl+Shift+A (Copy All),
    go to destination sheet in another instance, highlight col(A) and press Ctrl+V.
    --> data and labels will be pasted.

Hope it helps.
    cpyang Posted - 12/05/2017 : 07:01:28 AM
    You have a good point. Currently Edit->Copy from a worksheet interprets the selection, so how about we add a Copy command from right-click on the sheet tab?

About
    quote:
    Originally posted by menhart@ii
    ....(or better graphs with embedded worksheets) from one instance of Origin to another?

The embedded worksheets part, can you elaborate? Do you mean the tables with fitting results on a graph?

CP
    menhart@ii Posted - 12/05/2017 : 02:25:09 AM
    maybe - but that's hardly the point. if origin is serious about being quality software, simple cut and paste of objects is kind of basic functionality.

i can also create a template or whatever it is call,ed create new instance then apply the template, then cut and paste the data.

or i can hire monks to transcribe it by hand if i want to go really old-school..

quote:
    Originally posted by YimingChen

Hi,

Can you simple select File:Save Window as... to save the worksheet into .ogw file and open it in another Origin project?

James

YimingChen Posted - 11/22/2017 : 4:52:50 PM
    Hi,

Can you simple select File:Save Window as... to save the worksheet into .ogw file and open it in another Origin project?

James

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
    Snitz Forums 2000