The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Link Column Long Names, Comments and/or Units

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
elalexi Posted - 11/23/2017 : 12:55:13 PM
Hello

Origin Ver. and Service Release: originPro2016
Operating System: Windows10

I would like to link the columns' long names, comments and/or units of different worksheets, so that I can write the headers in one worksheet and this headers are automatically copied to worksheets in the same workbook and worksheets in other workbooks of my choice. Also if possible transpose the dataset from a column into comlumns' headers of the worksheets.

Thanks in advance,
Alex
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
arstern Posted - 11/27/2017 : 12:50:52 PM
In addition to Nikolay suggestion, you can as well save your workbook as a template.
Documentation on creating a workbook template:
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Wkbk-Saved-with-Template

1. To input your dataset from a column into transpose columns headers:

Right-click the header i.e. Long Name and Select User Parameters. Then select Insert -> Select User-Defined. Create a new parameter row.

Next Highlight your column that you want to transpose -> Right Click-> Select Copy. Within the new User-Defined parameter right, Rick-Click the first cell and select Paste Link Transpose.

2. With the worksheet formatted how you want - activate the worksheet -> Select File -> Save Template As...
Category lists UserDefined. For Template Name change to desire name, unless you want this to be your default workbook for all projects. Select ok.

This template will save your Long Name, Units, Comments, as well as the transpose column.

3. With new workbook activated -> Select Import Wizard. The Import Wizard Dialog will appear. Select desire file to open. Under Template -> Select new template created.

Select Next.

Within the bottom panel it will show your header and subheader from the file. If you have subheaders from that file input the number of header and subheaders in the Number of Main header lines (Exclude subheader lines). All headers will be shown in black.

This image is an example for removing headers from file:

Select Finish.

Hope this makes sense,
Aviel
OriginLab

nick_n Posted - 11/24/2017 : 03:23:29 AM
...or just copy your comments, units etc and then paste as link (or paste link transpose) from context menu. BR,

Nikolay
nick_n Posted - 11/24/2017 : 03:20:35 AM
Hi,

You can insert anywhere in worksheet (eg in Book1) a link like: "cell://[Book2]Sheet1!Col(A)[L]" (for clolumn A long name)

Look more at:
https://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/InsLink-to-WksCell
Links to Show Contents From Other Cell
and
https://www.originlab.com/doc/LabTalk/ref/Column-Label-Row-Characters
Best,

Nikolay

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000