The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Slow ternary contour plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anistasas Posted - 01/15/2018 : 05:51:18 AM
Hi everyone,

Currently, I'm having a problem with making a ternary contour plot and will really appreciate any help.

Roughly, each datapoint originally has 4 inputs (my independent variables) and 1 output (my dependent variable which has a value of either 1 or 0). All of my 4 inputs sum to one.

Now, I'm using only the first 3 inputs to plot against 1 output in a ternary contour plot. Due to above reason, I didn't normalised my three inputs to sum up to one. For my application, I'm interested in an area that has output value 1 only, and so I set only a color of level >0.9 to be shown.

My problem is that it is extremely slow to plot this without using speed mode. After I deactivated speed mode, the status bar at the bottom of Origin's window shows that it is drawing as usual. However, I have to wait for a day until it finished. This problem also happen when I want to export or print my plot as well.

I'm guessing that something similar to interpolation of value/color is the cause here since I don't have this problem whenever I use the default plot setting as shown below.

Details of my system is as follows.
Origin 2017 (64bit) SR1 b9.4.1.354
Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise (64bit) version 1703 build 15063.674
Processer: Intel Core i7-6700 3.40GHz
RAM: 16GB

Any suggestion is more than welcomed.

Regards,
Tin
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anistasas Posted - 01/15/2018 : 2:53:36 PM
Hi Chris,

I've just sent an email to the address that you mentioned. In the project, I have included 2 more ternary plots that I'm having the same problem.

Please let me know if you ever need something. Many thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Tin
Chris D Posted - 01/15/2018 : 1:30:32 PM
Hi,

Well we have concern that your 4 independent columns sum to 1 but the 3 that you actually use for the ternary do not. Our ternary plot expects the 3 to add up to one and will change your data so that they do. So your data is changing.

Moreover, with > 150,000 points that Origin is bogging down hence why we turn speed mode on. The key is that if you export the graph, speed mode will not be on and all data will be rendered for the exported image.

However, we can take a deeper look if you'd like. If you are willing to share your project, simply zip your OPJ file and upload it to DropBox (or similar) and share a link to the file with tech@originlab.com. Also send us a brief email mentioning this post for our records.

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support
anistasas Posted - 01/15/2018 : 1:09:48 PM
Hi Chris,

My data have 156849 rows and it goes on like this:

1st input, 2nd input, 3rd input, 4th input, an output
0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0.97, 0
0.01, 0.01, 0.02, 0.96, 0
0.01, 0.01, 0.03, 0.95, 1
0.01, 0.01, 0.04, 0.94, 0
0.96, 0.01, 0.02, 0.01, 0
0.96, 0.02, 0.01, 0.01, 1
0.97, 0.01, 0.01, 0.01, 0

Regards,
Tin
Chris D Posted - 01/15/2018 : 11:27:12 AM
Hi,

So that we can attempt to reproduce your issue can you please tell us how many rows of data do you have?

Thanks,
Chris Drozdowski
Originlab Technical Support

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000