The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Making videos with 3D surface plots

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mrpmanning Posted - 01/17/2018 : 12:27:26 AM
Origin 2018 (64 bit) b9.5.0.193 (Academic) on Windows 10:

Origin 2018 has lots of improvements over 2017 but I'd suggest that the Open Video Builder could still be improved and hopefully quite easily.

Am doing 3D color map surface plots that are showing changes over time and turning these into a short video. After getting the dimensions and orientation of the surface plot right in one graph window, Origin has a very good feature that allows me to copy all these settings to each of the other 23 surface plots. BUT, because each graph also has a text box giving its date and time, every time I copy across the format settings it also changes the text inside that box as well as its position etc. Whereas copying the format for the 3D surface plot only changes format settings such as dimensions, colormaps, etc. So I can't see why the content of a text box should get changed when the plot that it relates to does not.

Then setting up the 24 images in sequence is easy in principle but can get messy in practice. If I accidentally put one image in twice instead of once I have to start all over again. How about this step just setting up a table of images that can be seen in a separate window while allowing deletions, replacements, insertions of the image windows until everything is correct and then getting Origin to construct the .avi file from that.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AmandaLu Posted - 01/17/2018 : 03:29:36 AM
Hi,

If you select the whole layer and choose Copy Format: All in one graph, and Paste Format in another, you will paste all formats including text objects. If you don’t want to change text object, you can choose Copy Format: All Style Formats. Or, you can still choose Copy Format: All in one graph, go to another graph and select Paste Format (Advanced). In the Apply Formats dialog that opens, uncheck All under Formats to Apply, check formats you want to copy and make sure “Text” is unchecked. The second way can include more formats than the first one, like scale formats.

Regarding the table-like window to select a sequence of graphs in the Video Builder, I will bring your suggestion into discussion.

Thanks,
Amanda
OriginLab Technical Service

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000