The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 changing default plot patterns

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rrahul Posted - 09/13/2005 : 5:01:15 PM
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): ver7 sr4
Operating System: Win XP
Hi,
I plot a lot of data in origin but always have to change the plot pattern to suit my need. Is there a way I could change it once in the template?
For example, for my histogram plots I need a particular and no pattern which I change for every plot. Is there a easier way?
Thanks,
Rahul
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
easwar Posted - 09/14/2005 : 09:40:40 AM
Hi Rahul,

All graphs are based on templates. So the default template settings for each graph type can be changed by user. One easy way to see what template a particular graph type uses is to make the graph first then use the menu item File->Save Template As and the file dialog will show the name.

You can then make changes to the graphs settings and use the Save Template As menu item and save over the default settings and next time your settings will be used.

Also you can change settings and save template to a different name and then make use of your custom template from the Template Library to plot data (menu item Plot->Template Library when wks is active).

However, some graph types such as Histogram are special in that the menu item Plots->Statistical Graphs->Histogram performs some computation on the data before plotting and then a template with a specific name, in this case Hist, is used. You can therefore only save over this specific name template and cannot use multiple templates for histogram plotting.

One nice feature in 7.5 which is perhaps more flexible is Graph Themes. With this feature you can leave the system templates as they are, but instead create themes with your custom settings. Such themes can then be applied to multiple graphs to change the look of the graph. Also multiple themes can be applied to same graph to change multiple settings.

You can preview a tutorial on graph themes from this page:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=9&lm=72
(click on Creating and Using Themes/System Theme under the Graph Creation category)

You could try this feature in the 7.5 demo.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000