The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Data values as lablels

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
emk Posted - 09/23/2005 : 07:09:01 AM
Origin Version 7SP4 Operating System XPSP2
We have a case where a number of variables are plotted over time (x-axis). One of the variables (in this case the heart rate) is explaining the changes in the other variables, and we would like to have its values printed as text over the x-axis, located at each time point (as a row of labels) for easy reference.

Is there a way to this it in Origin?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
emk Posted - 09/23/2005 : 11:08:26 AM
As I have not used the labels this way, I have never seen the labels tab in the plot details dialog. I really should sometime read the manual carefully
Thanks again, Mike. Have a nice weekend!

Edited by - emk on 09/23/2005 11:10:14 AM
Mike Posted - 09/23/2005 : 10:38:36 AM
Hi emk:

quote:
I guess I have to add a dummy y-data to control where the labels are vertically put on the layer (the label xy coordinate)

You shouldn't need to. Once you have created the labelled plot, you can adjust the position of the labels via the controls on the Label tab in Plot Details (double click on a label).

Mike
OriginLab
emk Posted - 09/23/2005 : 10:20:51 AM
Thanks Mike! I have ignored the "set as label" option in column settings (should read the manual ). This is what I was looking for. In addition what you suggested I guess I have to add a dummy y-data to control where the labels are vertically put on the layer (the label xy coordinate)

Edited by - emk on 09/23/2005 10:22:30 AM
Mike Posted - 09/23/2005 : 09:47:40 AM
Hi emk:

What you will do is to add a column to the right of the X data and put the heart rate values into that column. Then, right click on the new column heading and choose Set As > Label from the shortcut menu. Replot your data (include the label col in your selection) and the labels should appear adjacent the X column values.

Mike
OriginLab

Edited by - Mike on 09/23/2005 09:48:34 AM

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000